It's too fast!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

azo

Jul 14, 2001
Visit site
Heeeelllpppp!

i got the Sold Out version of unreal for £5 the other day, loaded it up but it seems to run at double speed!!!

i got a Celeron 500 64MB laptop with no 3D graphics

iv tried to slo it down by putting all the options on but failed miserably

please help coz the game is totally unplayable

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
How do you mean? :confused:
Eh I'm not sure if this might be cause of your problem, but have you checked the game speed? Normally it's set at 100%

AGAIN, :) i'm not sure if this IS the problem you're experiencing.

ZoMbiE

Feb 18, 2000
Visit site
IF your player is moving too fast try setting the Gamespeed (in options) to 100%. If it already is try lowering it.

While it produces the same effect you could also try typing slomo 1 in the console. slomo 0.5 for half speed.

ZoMbiE

Feb 18, 2000
Visit site
Epic=Good:D
They know how to make us happy.

I aint complaining. Even though I got it >2yr ago for $20, at that price I wasn't expecting the qualiy game that calls itself Unreal.

I'd figure the stores want to get it off thier shelves w/ the inclusion of UnrealGold and Total Unreal.

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
No.
The game is 3 years old, and the successor is in work. It's a real bargain for such a great game

azo

Jul 14, 2001
Visit site
Fanx 4 the replies but...

iv tried several times to change the gamespeed by using the game>game options>game speed method, and by replacing (what i think is) the relevant line in my unreal system file. Every time i try it makes no effect and reverts to 100%. Can someone spell out exactly how i can change the game speed + how do i pull up the console?

Also, ther have been a couple of times wen iv played it and its been at the rite speed! But not that many :-(

As for the price i paid...note the £ sign, i think we get it cheaper on this side of the pond

fanx again :]

ZoMbiE

Feb 18, 2000
Visit site
The "~" key brings down the colsole. You can also hit TAB and type into the colsole w/o bringing it down.

--------------------------------------------------------
UnrealGold $10 usd
Unreal RTNP $20 usd
Unreal $10 usd

ZoMbiE

Feb 18, 2000
Visit site
That would be v224. Patching might solve the prob, but it might not.
There's a chance but it's never happened to me so...