Its Kinda Fuked Up Dudes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ULTBase

Sir Fragadelic of Africa
I don't know what happened or why it happened but the site on my HD and on the server has gone balls up. I'm starting from scratch as its the only way I can see to fix it. If you have any ideas regarding an update the the design then plz shout, any help to improve further would be great.

Before it's too late, sort your Temporary Internet Files folder (or whatever teh cache folder is for your browser and OS) and copy all the Fragadelic files into another folder. This will at least let you have some of the original material to work with, if not all of it, pages, images, everything. I did the same here and in the worst case could zip it all and send it you if necessary.

oh, even better, search www.google.com for "fragadelic" and it's the very first link displayed .... Instead of clicking on it, click on the "Cached" link near tne end of the blurb, then you'll have a very recent copy of the page. Then hit File->SaveAs, and elect to save everything (the default in IE). Not sure how many subpages are indexed, but you could do the same with those.

Out of curiosity, i wonder if the utmaps folder is hosed too? I keep coming across links to our maps that point to this folder; will they be broken? If so, maybe that should be fairly high priority as well as the front page to get a working utmaps folder with our maps in it again ...

ULTBase

Sir Fragadelic of Africa
I have to start from scratch simple. The problem im having is that my Dreamweaver seems to be indexing the links wrong. The site map is set up correctly yet when I goto test the page the links miss the fragadelic dir. This happens too when put up onto PU, as was the problem. I don't know how this has happened or why, and I am struggling. Bollocks is what I say, but i'll keep at it :[

Well i was thinking of ways to deal with actual content being lost. If it's an indexing problem instead, dang, wish i had some idea but i've never used Dreamweaver.

When i'm not using good ole notepad, i'll sometimes resort to Adobe Go-Live for complicated table layouts or to set up complicated Javascript stuff just to see how it looks, then go back later and boil all the bloated code these programs generate down to some very basic stuff that achieves the same results.

From the reviews i've read in a more powerful program than Dreamweaver, but in my experience it's extremely buggy, but since i know by now how to bludgeon it into submission i still resort to it rather than DW when i have to, so i'm still ignorant about DW.

I've seen this kind of thing in Go-Live twice before; once my boss at the time had deleted the sitemap file and when it was recreated it was somehow created one folder up or down in the hierarchy from where it should be.

The other time was when a server we were using revamped their structure without telling us and totally f*cked every link on our site. It was that way for a couple of weeks until somebody compalined and we checked it out ourselves. Had to hurry to upload everything again into the new structure and change all the cgi/perl scripts that contained server paths in them. Argh.

If you have a standalone FTP program like WS-FTP or Cute or wheatever it's called, maybe you could send some of the pages up that way and see how things work; it might reveal how the links are wrong in DW...