It wasn't done by terrorists, but 30 people are dead...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Should we have the right to bear arms?

• Yes

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 41.7%

• Total voters

Sam_The_Man

I am the Hugh Grant of Thatcherism
Mar 26, 2000
England
Visit site
Owners of concealed weapons who pull stunts like his risk the suspension of their licenses as well as being charged for endangerment of those around them.

Wow, that's a really great deterrent. I could be a hero, or I could have my gun away from me and being charged for 'endangerment of those around me' for directly causing many deaths and woundings.

Exactly how many people do you think are going to consider the consequences of their idiocy before they wave their big stwong gun around anyway?

a Government report, UNbiased??? *eyebrowsed raised to hairline*
............................. BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Whew~! thanx for the laugh. ah man, i needed that.

ah the naive.
(sorry, couldn't be bothered to put the smileys back in)

Excuse me, a government report would be biased towards gun control... so if you want to win this debate I'd keep quiet if I were you... ;)

phil

OH GOD
Jan 3, 2000
I'm talking raw statistics. Not some senate report. and terminal, your not helping your side out at all....

T

Terminal {DTH}

Originally posted by Sam_The_Man

I'm talking raw statistics. Not some senate report. and terminal, your not helping your side out at all....

Excuse me, a government report would be biased towards gun control... so if you want to win this debate I'd keep quiet if I were you... ;)

side? debate? :rolleyes: hell i dont CARE about your debate. :lol:
im on no side.
MY comment is on the implausibility of government unbiasedness. That notion SO unlikely as to be truely laughable.

0bside0

Transmogriphying...
Jul 20, 2000
Seattle, WA
www.klondike5.us
Throwing in my two bits here.... maybe a nickel more.

I thought that essay was very well thought-out/written DangerDude.

I say, it's been time-proven that PROHIBITION of any kind doesn't work.
It just does not work. It looks nice on paper, and it sounds good to the ear (to mine as well) but the reality doesn't change.

Educating minds and changing hearts is really the only the thing that works in this world.

(I think I threw in another penny or two there...)

Cheers.

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...
Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
*sigh*, looks like people are still at it.

Its pretty bloody simple really, to the point that anyone should understand it.

America = gun culture = people want guns = gun control wont work

Europe = not a gun culture = people dont want guns = lack of gun control wont work

Sam_The_Man

I am the Hugh Grant of Thatcherism
Mar 26, 2000
England
Visit site
I say, it's been time-proven that PROHIBITION of any kind doesn't work.
It just does not work. It looks nice on paper, and it sounds good to the ear (to mine as well) but the reality doesn't change.

If you're comparing gun control to the Prohibition on alcohol, there's a big difference. People need alcohol far more than they need guns.

Wolf Blackstar

That other Wing Commander guy
Dec 13, 1999
Tau Ceti V
www.angelfire.com
Originally posted by Sam_The_Man

Wow, that's a really great deterrent. I could be a hero, or I could have my gun away from me and being charged for 'endangerment of those around me' for directly causing many deaths and woundings.

Exactly how many people do you think are going to consider the consequences of their idiocy before they wave their big stwong gun around anyway?

All of them.

Originally posted by LordKhaine
America = gun culture = people want guns = gun control wont work

Europe = not a gun culture = people dont want guns = lack of gun control wont work

In a manner of speaking, that does sum it up well.

]LoL[Wolfram