It wasn't done by terrorists, but 30 people are dead...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Should we have the right to bear arms?

• Yes

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 41.7%

• Total voters

ViperXL

Great Car
Dec 9, 1999
St. Louis, MO, USA
im not getting into a gun arguement here...

But, anyone else realize that the shootings occured in Goshen, Indiana? ;)

Ok, back to your daily arguement.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
I really don't care either way. There is no way they can find out who has a gun and who doesn't. Traveling gun shows are the best place to go buy a gun and you don't have to register it. You get to take it home with you right then and there. My friend just bought a really kick ass Chinese AK at Bill Goodman's Gun and Knife show. These are guns that you are not suppose to be able to sell, but it still goes on. Gun laws are a joke.

NiftyBoy

Dandified
Mar 29, 2001
Portland, OR
Visit site
so by allowing more people to have guns, youre reducing the chance of mentally unstable people from getting them :rolleyes:

either way, if they really wanted to, they could get a gun.

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...
Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
Originally posted by BlAcK_PlAgUe22

They don't make full-auto M16's. ;)

It can be made full-auto. ;)

As for this "debate", dont even *try* and involve europe in this thread, cos then a whole debate will start, etc etc. Krystals view perfectly sums up the english view on the subject. Its just a matter of cultures :)

If you do away with firearms, people will do whatever it takes to get one.

Sure, its very difficult for a loon, hell, even a regular Joe like you and I (Or Jane for that matter. :) ) to obtain one legally. But, if you want one after sharp sticks are outlawed, pay a visit to that nice Chinese man on the corner and pay 1/3 less. Mention me and get 30% off! :)

I dont see how gun control will work, and probably never will. I feel any citizen that hasnt been convicted of a crime should be allowed to own any firearm he or she wishes after taking a very through training course and qualifying at an adequte(sp?) level with it. Then, and only then, will that person be issued their weapon.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
The people that think gun laws will work are the same people who believe that their children won't try drugs or alcohol because they told them it was bad.

WildfireX

Mar 10, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by BlAcK_PlAgUe22

They don't make full-auto M16's. ;)

The original Viet Nam-era M-16 rifles were full automatic. The newer A2 models only fire on semi-automatic and burst. I think they switched because of all the ammunition wasted in Viet Nam...

LordKhaine

Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
Originally posted by WildfireX2000

The original Viet Nam-era M-16 rifles were full automatic. The newer A2 models only fire on semi-automatic and burst. I think they switched because of all the ammunition wasted in Viet Nam...

*ahem*, you dont post in the inf forums for years and not know that. The M16A1 rifle was full auto, replaced by the M16A2 which is single/burst. But what I was mentioning, is how you can customise the rifle to either increase the burst to shoot more bullets (so you can have a 4 round burst, etc). Or indeed, even change the trigger to full auto. Of course, this is customising the rifle, not a standard thing :)

WildfireX

Mar 10, 2001
Visit site
And presumably a black-market rifle would be modified like that... I get it now. Stupid INF posters :p. When are they gonna make it so you can personally open up guns and modify then?! :p!

LordKhaine

Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
BlAcK_PlAgUe22 is/was an INF poster too :D

And I believe there has been mention of you being able to choose a different trigger thingey for the M16 in INF.

ben harkins

Mar 29, 2001
Visit site
I'm certainly not for gun control (or most laws for that matter:D) but I have to say, the fewer people who actually have them, criminal or not, the better I feel.

I'm ready for my lecture on how much safer I am when everybody is packing a glock now. Go ahead, I know someone is dying to prove to me why we should all be running around with semi-autos.:rolleyes:

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
Well...cant people buy licenses to own full-automatic guns?

Basically, I say we let everyone 0wn guns,not just psycho assholes like this poor sap, I hope he burns in hell REAL GOOD!

btw-did they ever catch him?

Real_Ghostbuster

Nov 4, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by MediocreTangerine
so by allowing more people to have guns, youre reducing the chance of mentally unstable people from getting them :rolleyes:

Frankly, (unless I missed what you meant) I'm a little disapointed at that statement tangy. The idea isn't that you keep the guns out of the hands of the disturbed. The idea is that when they pull out the gun and open fire, someone around them will have a chance to put them down.

Although I feel I might have missed your true meaning........

LordKhaine

Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
Originally posted by beerbaron
Nah, just the fire select is variable.

No, I think you'll find you are wrong. Currently you can only select the fire mode, but as I mentioned, one of the INF team mentioned the possiblity in the future that you may be able to choose a custom burst pattern for the M16A2.

Bozo=MD=

Official BuF-clown
Aug 7, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
Hell NO!

If everyone carries a gun, then someone will shoot the shooter, then someone will shoot the one that shot the shooter, then repeat until all Americans are dead except one. At this point, enter the Taliban, and let's all "Hail US of Talibans!"

Nothing would be better if everyone carried a gun... You'd just get more shootings... :(