1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UE3 - UT3 Issues with cooking a Deathmatch

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by OutlawSkot33, Oct 23, 2009.

1. OutlawSkot33

OutlawSkot33 Im me.

Alright. Im tring to finish off two versions of a DM remake from U1/UT. Everything is good except for trying to use RipperLite.

I have two computers, a laptop were I did all the map designing while deployed, and a desktop computer that makes my laptop look like a sack of..you know what.

The UT3 version, folders, and files are set up the exact same way on both computers except for the computer name.
    Desktop: Hrivnak/Documents/My Games/Etc
    Laptop: Nuts/Documents/My Games/Etc

On the laptop, cooking goes perfectly fine. No errors, nadda. RipperLite works fine and cooks into the map and uses the .u and .upk like it should. The only reason Im not using the laptop to cook it and put on the web, is the cook process degrades the visual detail.....ALOT

So in comes my badass desktop now that I have it back. Opening up the unpublished map though, i get errors off the bat, UED cant find the file. So I open up generic, head to the actors and load the .u and reinsert the ammo and reset the weapon base to use the ripper. Save, open a diff map,, reopen the map, problem gone, and then goto cook. The UT3 cook progress list shows all kinds of errors being unable to find the file. Open UT3, play the map, and find that it didnt cook the RipperLite into the map. Open UED and the map again, boom the box with the errors pops up again. Rinse and repeat, again erros in the list box and isnt in the cooked map.

Go back to the laptop, everything works, fine. I dont get it...Versions and content updates are the same, folder setup is the same, custom files are setup the same....

2. Odedge

Odedge Keeper of Tutorials

I presume the problem still persists. Have you tried deleting the "LocalShaderCache.....upk" files that are in your "...\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Unpublished\CookedPC" folder. These are different for each computer, which may be causing a problem. If you delete them, the editor will recreate them as needed.

3. OutlawSkot33

OutlawSkot33 Im me.

Didnt fix it. Still getting the error. Here is a copy from the log file.

4. Odedge

Odedge Keeper of Tutorials

Hmmm, I have never tried to ad a custom weapon in my map. I presume you have the files in the right place. Have you tried contacting the creator of the weapon?

5. OutlawSkot33

OutlawSkot33 Im me.

im not sure the author can help. its something with my computer. The ripper cooks into the map just fine on my laptop, which ut3 and all custom content is the same version and setup.