Is Xbox live getting beter or worse?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Is Xbox live geting worse or better

• Yes it getting better , less idiots on here

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • in between , varies from match to match

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • no , its getting worse everyday

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
ah, for a couple of days I thought even tool changes but he's still tool :) minus bleeding anus syndrome but that can be changed for good :evil:

togmkn

tog-em-kay-en
Jun 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
Personal attacks on the first page of a thread:

- Prop. 8 passing: 1

- Xbox Live suxx0rs: 4

- UT3 isn't that great: > or = number of posts per page

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Any on-line community that is accessible to every idiot on the planet sucks.

I've heard nothing but bad news about Sony's network (the Rockband-forums are filled with complaints of PS3-users ... although that may also be Harmonix' fault as they do appear to be suffer from a US-only / Xbox-preferred mentality), but that may be because Sony doesn't like to do business with its european customers.

As for Live! ... I don't understand why it costs money at all as there's no service.
The only thing that 'Gold' grants is access to on-line games played on other consoles, which isn't something I'd be willing to pay for.

The new dashboard is a bit confusing at first, but that's only because it's new and different.
I really like how you can use the guide-button to jump to any of your recently downloaded content.
You can now visit the webpage to buy content and que downloads for your console, which is a good thing. It would be even better if you could get an overview of what content was new.

The avatars may have been Wii-ripoff, but they're not that bad and you get the chance to use them as your gamerpicture which is a great alternative to having to pay too much money for an avatar you can't even see before you pay.

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
Live costs because it can - basically. There's a huge infrastructure that was put in place to make live happen and although it's a bit ghey to pay for things that you get for free elsewhere it helps to understand that you're paying for people to proactively work the system, and not elsewhere where the networking's left to rot [wii] or could do with a cash injection for the better [psn].

As for the rockband issue you'll find a lot of devs prefer the 360's development tools, it's the lead platform this gen [and before any smartasses try to say that the ps3 is the lead platform this gen the only reason dev houses are putting the ps3 on lead is so they can get an equal product on that to what they can already get on the 360 - see burnout/deadspace(?)/mirror's edge].

It's not so it can take advantage of the ps3, it's so they don't have to remediate the codebase after porting from 360.

Anyway, bottom line is that Live is a very accomplished infrastructure for gaming, and comes nicely wrapped with the NXE. I wish Sony would simply buy a piece of it and let their gamers have a ubiquitous system without the folly.

WedgeBob

XSI Mod Tool User
Nov 12, 2008
Cleveland, OH, USA
To a point it is somewhat better, considering the new "face lift" with that experience package, and the new EULA that they have for it, that should clean things up a little bit. I'm hoping that Microsoft knows what they're doing this time. With today's cyberworld, you can't take any chances, as far as I'm concerned.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
IMHO they could also fund live! by using the profit from items sold on marketplace!

It's not that it is 'teh ghey' to pay for stuff.
It's that there's nothing to pay for, because 'silver' also offers the same service.
The only 'extra' is that you can play on-line, which isn't much of an 'extra' considering you're playing on other consoles (which forces every game to limit itself to 4 player maximum as anything above is going to be very rare).

Evill_Bob

Cheese Hopping Rocket Spammer
Dec 19, 2005
In your computer, duh.
Well, I finally got my PS3 Online and I'm unimpressed.

Not better, just free.

And the advantage of Gold is that I have buddies from High School that live hundreds of miles away. So Gold allows me to play along side them. Often Halo 3, Saint's Row 2, and Castle Crashers. There is little me and my buddies have in common in favorite games on the PS3, that is if I wasn't the only one of my friends that actually had one...

Well one of my buddies does but playing along side him is about as fun as a brain hemorrhage. He's one of gamers that is so busy trying to beat the game with full completion that he forgets that it's supposed to be fun.