Is this normal

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ghost5

Feb 17, 2001
Visit site
Can some one tell me if this is normal.I have the Hercules GForce II Ultra Video Card and it takes forever to go from full screen to Window screen to Minimize UT Like 45 to 60 sec.The same with changing resolution.My old Voodoo it only took 3-4 seconds. The same when I Maximize.

NTT

Feb 18, 2001
Bartlesville, OK USA
I have a Voodoo 3 card, and it takes around 10-20 seconds to do that. A friend has a GeForce, I don't know exactly which kind it is, but it takes around the same amount of time. This probably doesn't help much, but just to let you get an idea for some other speeds.

Ghost5

Feb 17, 2001
Visit site
Well just started up my old CPU with the Voodoo 3 and UT.Just to test it.It took less then a second to go from full screen to Window Screen and less then a second to Minimize it.I mean it is almost instant.

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
I've got nearly the same with my GeForce DDR. It doesnt take 1 minute but the screen flashes a lot and it minimizes 2 times actually.

Maybe it's a GF thing

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
Well that's not helpful. If the problem was with windows and not the geforce, then he would have the problem with his Voodoo card too.

Ghost, you sure you have all the latest drivers and everything?

icest0rm

Ready for a cold one?
Feb 16, 2001
Antarctica
www.frostcloud.com
Originally posted by Boom
Well that's not helpful. If the problem was with windows and not the geforce, then he would have the problem with his Voodoo card too.

Although I was being sarcastic with my previous remark, it still could be a windows problem. Simply put, windows is not at all great in uninstalling/reinstalling video driver software. My guess is some of the 3dfx settings are still in the registry (I assume this is the same computer that you upgrade to a Geforce from voodoo?). I'd download a Registery Cleaner software, and nuke those 3dfx settings. Then reinstall the latest Detonator drivers and go from there.

Or how bout trying to set your desktop res settings to the same as your UT res settings? It might just speed up the process.

Mrukk

Inhuman
May 10, 2000
Baltimore, MD
I think Voodoo's generally do this a lot better than the Nvidia cards. I had a V3 and the screen minimised in a few secs... then I got a GeForce2 GTS and it took a while and did ugly things... then I got a V5 and it is instant. Beautiful card for UT! The other prob is that a lot of Nvidia cards leave the mouse cursor in the middle of your UT screen once you resize the window. Really annoying if you want to keep UT running while you chat on IRC etc :)

What you might want to do is to set UT to run at the same screen resolution as Windows. This makes the transition a whole lot easier.

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Now that you mention that. My really old V2 also did it instantanously. And I also had that mouse cursour thing. However a reformat fixed it :)

And no, I did not reformat only because of it ;)

Ghost5

Feb 17, 2001
Visit site
No the GForce II Ultra is in my new CPU never had any other Drivers on it .I tried other GForce drivers but always uninstalled them even cleaned up the Registry.It is not really Minimizing it takes 45 second to go from UT Full screen to Window Screen.Then a few seconds to Minimizing .The same when I bring it back from the tasked bar to window screen first I get a blank window frame then in about 20 - 30 sec UT comes back.

Ghost5

Feb 17, 2001
Visit site
AMD Tbird 1.2Mhz
Asus A7M 266Fsb
256 PC 2100 DDR

I checked all the CMOS setting everything is like it should be.

Computer Store. I've picked all the the Hardware.I'm not new I've Build 25 CPUs.For Friends and Friends of Friends.

Xhalted1

Skilled
Dec 20, 2000
Brooklyn, NY
Visit site
Damn that is a thing of Beauty!

*Salivating*

My computer will minimize and maximize the UT game really fast! I trade ya Even Steven for it :)

I will look around and see if I can be of more help to ya. Also make sure that everything you don't need is closed in your system tray near the little clock.

I'll look for more info for ya when I get home.

L8r

PS. WHo made your Computer? IBM, Dell, Gateway, ect.

Ghost5

Feb 17, 2001
Visit site
LOL thanks for your help :cool:

CTS Computers I've been dealing with them for 3 Years and there are very good.I have live time free labor on everything I buy there.There are not the cheapest around, not expensive either and there use Quality stuff.No generic stuff I mean.Plus there are at every CPU Show around the area.I can bring in my system anytime and there will look and fix it for free.Setup configuration vise.