1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Is this game any good?

Discussion in 'Unreal 2' started by Monster Kill, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Monster Kill

Monster Kill New Member

I've had my eye on it for like forever but I want to know if it'll be worth the like $3 I have to spend on it. Does it have good weapons and stuff? A good story? How is it.

2. zombiewoof

zombiewoof Rokk Fiddler, Farmer

Welcome.
    You have now entered the great cult of XMP. Now let's get your head shaved, Get you some special boots, jetpack, some artillery, now, time for some human sacrafi.....Wha? Did you say $3? i dunno. How badly do you need that next latte'?
    Ok, putting 60% of all sarcasam aside, Yes. You have been fortunate to stumble upon a particularly bitchin game. Stategically the best as far as various opinions go. Particularly now that there is a master server setup by a loyal genius XMPer. It's a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG story.
    Yea for $3 and a little rooting around on this site for supporting files (read the stickies) You can't go wrong. For me The $40(for the original sp game-although i didn't think so at the time) was one of the most enlightening (computer related) things i have encountered (doing the beta might have had something to do with it). For me most other games pale in comparison. Even though Atari tried to kill it.....we're still here!
    Cool waepons and...stuff-Yes!
    SP story is ok...has little to do with XMP ad-on, which is definitly where it's at!
    I'll be waiting.....shotgun and auto-turrets at the ready!

3. NRK

NRK Nercury

XMP is good.

4. dutch_gecko

dutch_gecko Think Pink

Asking in the Unreal 2 forums whether Unreal 2 is any good is like asking the pope if he thinks Catholicism is a good religion.

However, we are all very much dedicated and we all believe it to be with good reason :D Make sure you have a speedy internet connection so you can have lots and lots of fun with XMP, because that's the main feature of the game now.

5. garbage

garbage a.k.a. Del!Rium

I can do nothing but agree. XMP should be everyone's favourite shooter.. It most certainly is mine.

6. DJM312

DJM312 Beta tester

I've played this game through the beta days and many times I've tried to walk away from the game , but I always return . This has to be one of the best games I ever played !

7. Monster Kill

Monster Kill New Member

So what's xmp?

8. DJM312

DJM312 Beta tester

eXtended MultiPlayer = XMP . add on to unreal 2 , multiplayer gaming at it's best ! If you purchase Unreal 2 Special editon you'll recieve xmp , if you purchase Unreal 2 you'll have to D\L xmp .

9. [jetronic]

[jetronic] New Member

buy it, skip the singleplayer and dl XMP
    best multiplayer game i know:B

10. Whitey

Whitey [pet]flamingo

XMP=best game ever

11. XMP.Arc

XMP.Arc +-aka Arcturus, HalcYoN, goBOT etc-+

diŧŧo that

12. CrazyLittleOne

CrazyLittleOne New Member

Please kill yourself. XMP stands for eXpanded MultiPlayer not eXtended. Also the XMP that comes with Unreal 2 SP is out of date, be sure that you patch it up... Then again, if you download XMP you still have to patch it (still waiting on EQ2's big install file :D). I would recomend reading this thread for more information about patches and other files.

13. Whitey

Whitey [pet]flamingo

I'd better see you playing soon. Or I'll eat a bale of innocent puppies.

14. DJM312

DJM312 Beta tester

God damn , I should shoot myself . As many times I've played this game I ****ed up the name . Shoot me please !!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. BaRrOw

BaRrOw DA HOOCH!!

A bale will result in twine stuck in your teeth. Just eat an unpackaged stack of innocent puppies.

16. garbage

garbage a.k.a. Del!Rium

please don't talk sparrow, it confuses me

17. Monster Kill

Monster Kill New Member

Okay, so let's see...

XMP: good
    Single Player: bad
    Unreal 2: good
    Sparrow talking: bad

Okay, i think I'll buy it.

18. Bleeder

Bleeder Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan

Why buy xmp? It's abandonware.. Less $$$ to Atardi = GOOD.

19. Whitey

Whitey [pet]flamingo

The Twine makes excellent floss if you lose a tooth while harvesting puppies.
    and...

The single player was good (just had to pay for it)
    XMP... is amazing. Argualby the best and most criminally overlooked online fps ever. (and FREE) ;) As for Sparrow talking... It doesn't happen nearly enough anymore. His posts make me smile more than a greased up orangutan with a buzzcut.

20. BaRrOw

BaRrOw DA HOOCH!!

I think this is the first time I have ever been for lack of words. Well played, Mr. Bond, well played....

U2 single player was decent. I've played quite a few better single player FPS's in the past, but this is definately at least in the 50th percentile. It's simply a matter of the single player paling in comparison to XMP, is what people are getting at.

Oh, and Bleeder, I think you are confused about how abandonware works. Even if U2 is abandonware, downloading it is illegal, as Atari still very much owns the rights to it, and has not abandoned it from a financial and ownership standpoint (despite going to great lengths to kill it). [pet] does not support warez. [pet] does not condone people downloading U2 free of charge, despite XMP not requiring a CD-key to play. And I personally sure as hell don't feel people ought to find a torrent and acquire it that way, despite the fact that there are plenty of seeds and leeches available for some of them.

That being said, I don't believe Atari is still shipping U2, so buying it in stores is not putting any money in Atari's pockets, it simply helps reimburse the store that chose to buy copies of it in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2006