1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Is there any interest?

Discussion in 'Unreal' started by zynthetic, Oct 13, 2001.

?

Should I make sectioned music for public use?

1. Yes! Great idea

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. A few wouldn't hurt

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Only if requested by a mapper

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, it's an utter waste of time

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. zynthetic

zynthetic robot!

I'm thinking about making segmented music for use in single player maps. For those that don't have the slightest clue what that means:
    Segmented or sectioned music usually consists of 3 distinct parts in a umx (music) file. Durring normal play you hear ambient/exploration music. Durring fights it changes to a faster paced action style music. and there's usally a suspensful section that can be used to creep you out whie your exploring dark or clausterphobic areas.
    This is a really cool feature that is somewhat manipulated in unreal (heavily in deus ex).
    This is a section (sectioned music) that I was going to add to my site but forgot until today. If it ever gets hosting here at PU I know DM mappers will apperciate and get heavy use out of the normal songs but do you think it would be worthe the effort to make sectioned music for mappers making sp episodes?

2. Techno JF

Techno JF He Who Has Powerful Words

Even if no one ever puts it to use in a map, I'd still probably listen to it in ModPlug. Go ahead and try it out. At the very least, it just means that 3 more songs (at a time) are available for use, but in a single package this time.

3. Drevlin

Drevlin Uno

there is intrest - if its good
    But how will we know if its good if you dont do it? :)
    So go on - do it

4. DRT-Maverick

DRT-Maverick Lover of Earwigs

Yes! Don't forget to make sure it's Unreal style! :D

5. Drevlin

Drevlin Uno

Mav, but of course :)
    We got the no.1 unreal expert on the team that will ensure that IONP will be as unreal as it possible can :D

6. DRT-Maverick

DRT-Maverick Lover of Earwigs

w00h00! :D I love the Unreal1 style music!