Is there a 2nd person view?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sam_The_Man

I am the Hugh Grant of Thatcherism
Mar 26, 2000
England
Visit site
P4p3Rc1iP said:
so... 2nd person is... RTS

Nope, that's a guy floating above the battlefield, also third person :)

It would be quite cool if, when you fired a sniper rifle or similar, you saw the bullet coming in slow motion from the eyes of the guy you shot, until the bullet hit the camera... like Max Payne or Total War's 'missile tracking' features in reverse. That would be the only conceivable use of 2nd person perspective.

phil

OH GOD
Jan 3, 2000
Papapishu said:
That's 3rd person btw... :rolleyes:

It IS 2nd person dude....it is the discription of your actions through someone else's eyes. It is not a discription of the scene from a totally removed perspective......What about that is hard to understand?

Doc_EDo

LEFT
Jan 10, 2002
Yeah? How about 4th person view? :eek:
There's no 2nd person view. The one some here are describing is combination of 1st and 3rd. It's not 2nd. Basically 3rd person view got that name by mistake. It should have been called 2nd.

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Doc_EDo said:
Yeah? How about 4th person view? :eek:
There's no 2nd person view. The one some here are describing is combination of 1st and 3rd. It's not 2nd. Basically 3rd person view got that name by mistake. It should have been called 2nd.
Actually, 3rd person is correct. Max Payne is the first person, dumb thug is the second person, the invisible man looking over Max's shoulder is removed from direct interaction, the third person.

Straight-up second person would not work because you would only see your own character if he happened to be in the enemy line of sight. Else you would be stumbling around blindly until he caught you.

Perhaps a view from an evil monster as you were running away from him might work.

Battletoads' first boss character was a second-person camera battle. Through Boss-O-Vision you would see the boss shoot at your toad of choice, who under your control would pick up a boulder and chuck it directly toward the screen.

Swift Viper

Long live Xmas Xan Mark III(By Hyrulian)
[BuF]h.h. said:
Gah this whole thing is pointless anyway! Forget about it!
Then why are you still here if you find this pointless :tdown: ?

As for the rest of you, thanks for the replies, it would be a petty cool view to see from the enemy your able to shoot see the bullet coming towards them from their point of view. :lol: about the dumb thugs, because they are :D . I read some books that had things like, "You said", "You found a key laying on the floor", etc.

I never tryed in UT fighting from my enemy's point of view, wonder how it would feel and look.