Is JailBreak dead allready?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TK v3

He Who Sucks Righteously At Mapping
Feb 16, 2003
South-East England
Visit site
I think the community's shrunk to JB]|[ sizes... pity. I'll still be hanging around whenever possible and playing occaisonally. And making maps, naturally.

Tazdrummer_VIII

Network pimp by day,flak monkey by night
May 27, 2004
Allen Park, Michigan
Even though I suck at it and spend most of my time in jail... I still dig Jailbreak.

I think there are still a few bugs (my clan tried running it recently and there was map changing issues.... I don't have enough clout to log into the server, so thats them) and the lack of more maps, and with the fact that some pretty kick ass mods are coming out, that is probably why the numbers are going down.

I will admit I was in process of making a pretty decent Eygpt themed map (for the 3D Buzz Level Editing 101 online "class") and I got distracted by an inspired map for Jailbreak that I am in process of.

Hopefully more maps will appear soon.

Wiz

The elite cheese master
Mar 22, 2000
Camelot
www.geocities.com
alot of mods have also just come out so alot of people are trying stuff and seeing what they like and don't like. I think after the contest (espially of UTJB wins or even gets a mention) alot more people will come back.

Birelli

meh...
Oct 14, 2001
Syracuse, NY
Why do people keep mentioning a lack of maps? JB came with 13 maps, that's a great deal more than most mods come with, certainly it's more than AS, ONS, DOM, or BR came with when UT2k4 shipped. I've seen a lot of people say that and I just don't understand really.

With JBIII there was a similar burst of activity upon release. Then though it was a much much smaller burst and less prolonged than this one has been, I don't think it's possible to maintain 100 odd people playing all the time, but we've still attracted more diehard JB fans that I think may stick around :)

Half_Lunatic

Other Half Not There
Jun 24, 2002
Bmore
Visit site
Alot of other Mods have been released so I haven't really played this as much since release. I have to admit that this is my fav so far. Only problem is I don't like too many of the maps. I just got Chaos and until there is a patch I can't play it the way I want to since settings don't save. Also, more maps takes longer for UT2004. UT99 you just made a couple brushes, put them together..subtracting....2-d editor....and you got a map. Now its mesh that, brush here.......new texture.....add some particles......terrain...and optimize...takes a lot longer. I say a release of a series of maps across multiple UT map sites will get more attention to JB.

TK v3

He Who Sucks Righteously At Mapping
Feb 16, 2003
South-East England
Visit site
Trueblood said:
They havnt seen the Vehicles yet (appart from Tonys) >_>
I dont really like too many full servers anyways but it is a shame.
Woo! Someone noticed!

Hehe... sorry. I'll finish off that map pretty soon and release B2, while currently I'm working on Wasteland, two snowy, junk-filled bases on a foggy frozen world. [/PLUG]

FireCrack

May 25, 2004
relax, alot of good mods came out for everyone to try, soon everyone will settle down to one or two of them, and jailbreak has high opertunities to be the one

Pysek

Jun 15, 2004
I have liked JB for years, ever since it came out on Q2-3, and definitely want to stick around...

Hawk_KT

May 4, 2004
I'm new to the forums but not new to the mod. Even though there are a few muts I'd like to use with it that I can't, I'm planning on sticking around.