1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Is it January yet?

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by MUF Antagonist, Feb 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fist_mlrs

fist_mlrs that other guy

well...

you basicly claimed everybody defending sentry studios would be a forum nazi and fanboy, a pure generalisation. and why would somebody like this would complain about inf 2.87 not being released yet anyway?

by writing this you expressed that i would think you are an elitist ass, so i have to get defensiv.

who said i haven't played it?

i think you all should calm down, inf 2.87 will come as soon as possible, and im shure you win't regret it

2. Dr. Beer

Dr. Beer go away and die

No, I was making the statement that I AM an elitist ass.

It was a blanket statement to anyone who fanatically defends Sentry Studios.

I just find it odd that people are claiming 2.87 to be the latest, greatest thing yet 99% haven't played it... Never assume anything.

3. Meat Sac

Meat Sac New Member

That is an interesting post. How exactly do you plan to back this up? telling someone to go play another game isn't exactly threatening in any manner. Showing your disgust for someone is venting only, no one actually cares what others think of them in this forum. Atleast I don't hinge anything important based on what I read here. Most will continue to do as they please regardless of your opinions. As they should.

4. DLL

DLL Chrysolyte

Sorry Dr. Beer. I shouldn't have included you in my statement. I'm just sick of this "welfare" mentality. People who go on welfare get accustomed to receiving without giving. After a while, they think it's a "right" and society "owes" them, while the rest of us work and PAY for the things we need/want.

Infiltration has been free for so long that some have adopted this welfare attitude. INFPlaya's remark about wasting his time is a perfect example. He chose how to spend his time. If it's wasted, it's because he wasted it, not the dev team.

Back what up?

5. Dr. Beer

Dr. Beer go away and die

Apology accepted! I won't get started on the politics of that attitude you speak of. That is a whole other conversation.

Everything being said I am looking foward to 2.87 and I still enjoy 2.86. I still think Sentry Studios has ****ty PR and that they are very late on their release. I also still think that some of the forumites here should take a more objective view of this whole topic.

6. DLL

DLL Chrysolyte

Here's my objective view:

Last year I wanted to change the rear gear ratio in my Mustang. I bought the parts and a guy I know said he would install them for me for free. Every week I would ask him if he had time and for several weeks the answer was "No". Did I get anxious and impatient? Heck yeah. Did I let him know I was getting impatient? No way, he might have told me to forget the whole thing. He didn't owe me anything. He offered to install the parts for free in his free time. At any time I could have taken my car to a shop and paid to have the parts installed. Waiting to have it done for free was my choice.

Infiltration is exactly the same. The team has offered to work on this mod in their free time. You can either wait for it or you can go slap down some greenbacks for a game in the store. It's your choice.

7. fist_mlrs

fist_mlrs that other guy

yes, sentry studios pr wasn't that good (i hope this will change now though), but that is no reason to complain about a free mod not beeing released yet´and call ppl who defend it forum nazis and fanbois.

8. Alpha_9

Alpha_9 Infiltration lead level designer

Being someone who has played the latest 2.87 betas, I can tell you, it's the latest, greatest thing yet not only in INF, but in the UT engine itself, IMO. :cool:

Believe me, we do regret the very delayed release. But given all the new things being done in 2.87, there's just been a lot to debug and get polished. A much greater task than we anticipated when we thought we could have it all done in January. :hmm:

9. Meat Sac

Meat Sac New Member

This is what I am refering too (quoting you again). You came in heated and telling them to go play something else. Then added the punks part.

10. DLL

DLL Chrysolyte

Meat Sac,

I really don't know what you want me to "back up". I was expressing my complete disdain of lack of proper judgment and sense of fairness. I then recommended an action to pursue if they had bought a CD and felt they had been wronged. The only thing I have to “back up” is my opinion.

11. Meat Sac

Meat Sac New Member

Maybe we have our wires crossed.

I read in your statement that you are telling them to play another game. Is that not what you meant?

I see so often people defaulting to - go play CS, TO or whatever if they go against the grain in these forums.

My point is that telling me (me being whoever) to go play another game is futile. It may make you feel better saying it, but nothing will come from it. It's as pointless as saying stfu.

12. GNAT

GNAT ...

i find the "freeloader" comment to be QUITE funny. What other clan has devoted as much money (true dollars) to help support the INF community? SOB would be my only guess as to who has actually spent as much money as us in MUF to further benefit everyone here.

Yes, thats not giving the actual dev team money from my hand to theirs but then again it is. Its giving the people that come and check out this game a place to play. This benefits the community and in doing so puts money in the hands of the dev team. The community gets larger the more cd's are bought.

Sure I may not send my 10 bucks, but damn, If I remember correctly what two clans were hosting T3 copies of 2.85.5 upon its release? I think it was MUF and SK.

I take the "freeloading" comment to be very offensive...

13. MUF Antagonist

MUF Antagonist New Member

I really don't know what you want me to "back up". I was expressing my complete disdain of lack of proper judgment and sense of fairness

DLL so its far to say hey look for our game in january and then it not be out late in feb? Thats not fair or polite.

14. Meat Sac

Meat Sac New Member

Not sure if that comment was directed to me or not. My comments where directed solely at DLL.

15. jamsr

jamsr PIMP and AA:O Beta Tester

Hey Gnat ,i dont think you should have to buy the CD,they should send you guys one for free,for providing some of the best servers out there to play their game on.That goes for everybody that provides servers.That would be good PR.

16. bastardb

bastardb New Member

no matter what else they add to it... the auto gun to hip when sprinting WILL make it the best thing ever

although im sure a large porttion of the rusher community will not agree with me

the saw is a major major bonus that basicly makes all this waiting worth while

and the GAME MODES
    top it off with a fine delectable taste of HELL YES

what theres more features then just those? well my god were getting a treat arent we

17. bastardb

bastardb New Member

isnt that what keeping the mod free as well is bascily doing?

18. TheWhaleShark

TheWhaleShark This world is spinning around me

You know what else isn't fair? Making unrealistic demands of PEOPLE who are doing this whole thing in what USED to be their spare time, for FREE. YOU owe the Inf team a large thank you; they owe you nothing.

Go ahead, piss and moan. That'll make 2.87 come out faster. :rolleyes: Either shut the **** up and wait with the rest of us, or follow through with your comments and stop playing Inf. Either way, don't bitch about something that someone else is doing for you.

19. bastardb

bastardb New Member

i have to admit.. the large gun toting fish is right

20. fist_mlrs

fist_mlrs that other guy

i 100% agree. the work you guys have done is just awesome. 2.87 is impessive, and nothing less. imho it is better than most of the "professional" games i have played yet. :tup:

im shure they will. the hole gameplay feels that much better, they won't probably even bother to complain about it. most of the ppl who don't like ra do this because they think it desn't feel right. thats not the case with 2.87 imho :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.