1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT3 Ironic

Discussion in 'Content Releases' started by Al, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Al

Al Reaper

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  2. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

Wow very cool. I wonder if Checker has seen it?

3. Slainchild

Slainchild Gold Member

Yay! A direct copy of the original, including original textures, meshes, and lighting!!!

BVVVVVVVVVV

4. Al

Al Reaper

lol

Still fun though... :)

5. JohnDoe641

JohnDoe641 Killer Fools Pro Staff Member

I downloaded it and I'm hoping it's scaled properly. If it is, it's gonna one helluva 1v1 map. :D

6. Al

Al Reaper

It is. And it's lovely! :D

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  7. SkaarjMaster

SkaarjMaster enemy of time

good remake! DM-DE_Ironic

I have two versions of the UT3 Ironic maps and after playing both (as well as the original UT2004 version by Checker), they are both somewhat similar. They both seem tighter with a slightly adjusted scale and both have a different outside view than the original. The outside view in both maps is similar and really not that good and could be a lot better. Both maps have good shadows and streaming sunlight. Both maps are good remakes and fun to play. I'm guessing the scale was changed to make it more playable in UT3, so it's probably fine as I don't do much wall dodging and trick jumping anyway.:)

At least Lordz's version (this one) has a preview shot in the game menu. I also liked the fact that this version has an armor vest near the flak cannon pickup. The bots play the map fairly well in both maps and it's hard to say if they are better in one map over the other.

This version is the one with 'Classic' and 'PC' in the RAR download title (for the PC version that is) and has underlines and the map is dated August 4, 2008 (3:16pm) for version 1.7 (DM-DE_Ironic.ut3) and is by Lordz.

The other version is named DM-DE-Ironic and the UT3 file is the only thing in the zip with a date of July 17, 2008 (3:01pm)(this one is from UT-FILES) and is made by the mystery author.;)

EDIT: OK, so if this is the uncooked version of the same map, then an armor vest was added as well as the preview shot.:)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  8. Sjosz

Sjosz (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

He has now. :)

9. Super-Moose

Super-Moose Member

Is my eyesight failing me or is it really that blurry?