1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Invisibility Bug?

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by peep, Nov 6, 2001.

1. peep

peep peep==class

Now, I've totally been sucking over the past week & a half but I feel like sometimes, there might be something else going on other than my crappy skills. Quite a few times lately online, I get killed in a room, covering the door and windows. I'm not sniped from far away or anything, I was just curious if there is an invisibility bug. I thought leaning was fixed so it shouldn't be that right?

Also, I was on Azteca & went over by the hole coming down that hill, & nobody was in or up on the side, but I got killed by someone there (again not a sniper, I heard a mp5 very close). Could all of this have something to do with the hill bug? I didn't see anyone at the top or bottom.

Now, my dsl connection has been acting screwy for the past week & a half too. Would packet loss actually make someone invisible? My ping is still usually under 200. :rolleyes:

2. Alpha_9

Alpha_9 Infiltration lead level designer

Yeah packet loss could explain it, since it means every once in a while you don't get the info from the server that an enemy is in view, until after you get killed. Happens to me sometimes too.

3. yurch

yurch Swinging the clue-by-four

Sometimes people will hide inside that tree by the hill. Did you check there? :D
    Then again, it could be that damn hill bug again.

4. peep

peep peep==class

Ya, but I don't even see them after I've been shot. As soon as I die, if I don't see who did me in, I always do the spin around to see where I left myself open. There's noone there...(eerie music plays in background).

I guess I'll have to contact Verizon & see what's up with their crap system.

Yurch, I looked there, but it all could be the hill bug. It's a very annoying bug. Is there any way you could fix it with a muttie?

5. {GD}Ghost

{GD}Ghost Counter Terrorist Operative

.....or between hill bugs, running speed and occasional packet loss, this could explain it.

6. Beppo

Beppo Infiltration Lead-Programmer

and what about projectiles penetrating walls guys?! ;)
    sometimes there are no ghosts at all... simply some players that spotted ya passing by and continue firing on walls or other obstacles. Many maps do have walls that can easily be penetrated by a MP5 and some have "hollow" crates etc standing around too. So I guess this ghost here was someone firing thru the walls behind ya.

7. JamesT

JamesT sniper apprentice

This reminds me of the INFRealImpact mutator. Beppo, I think you have said that 2.87 will have built-in impact visual effects, right?

8. Beppo

Beppo Infiltration Lead-Programmer

hehe... well I would not call them "visual effects" at the moment ;) all we have had the time for yet was integrating different bulletholes depending on the hit texture...
    so do not expect "Hollywood" to enter INF here hehe

::edit:: oh and your muti should go on BrownCows special page too http://www.swarming.net/infiltration/mutators.html ::edit::

9. yurch

yurch Swinging the clue-by-four

Beppo, does the team have any plans to fix that hill bug?