Introduction

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

WhiteDragon

Apr 6, 2004
Hey All,

Figure I'll start by introducing myself, my name is Daniel, (aka White Dragon).

Once long ago I played this game called "Unreal Tournament"... it's been a while, but I've picked up the habit again with the arrival of UT2004.

I'm a programmer so naturally I want to work on a mod of some sort ;) I've done a fair bit of reading and some experimenting with UnrealScript and map making (nothing release-worthy mind you) but I'm quite interested in the JailBreak gametype.

I guess my first question should be - how can I help out?

I wouldn't mind starting on a map or two for the gametype, but from what I understand of things so far, I need a "JailBreak.u" file in order to use the custom JB* actors that you guys have been working on (?)

I checked the IRC channel, bunch of people hanging out there, all AFK - I'll try again later.

Anyhow, let me know who to talk to / where to go =)

-- WDragon.

(PS - the JB Dev wiki appears to be down atm)

TK v3

He Who Sucks Righteously At Mapping
Feb 16, 2003
South-East England
Visit site
Hey. I've been mapping for a while but I haven't released anything, bar my conversion of DM-Conveyor, which I think is now lost unless it's on Nalicity.

And I hope to see you on Lockdown, boy!

Mychaeel

WhiteDragon said:
I'm a programmer so naturally I want to work on a mod of some sort ;) I've done a fair bit of reading and some experimenting with UnrealScript and map making (nothing release-worthy mind you) but I'm quite interested in the JailBreak gametype.

I guess my first question should be - how can I help out?
We'll sure find something for you. :)

I checked the IRC channel, bunch of people hanging out there, all AFK - I'll try again later.
You'll probably be luckier when it's afternoon or evening in Europe -- right now, for instance.

(PS - the JB Dev wiki appears to be down atm)
As long I'm sitting and typing here, it's not. :p

Perhaps it's a DNS updating issue -- JDN is hosted on my computer here at home, and my ISP forcefully disconnects me and changes my IP every 24 hours. It might take a short while until mychaeel.no-ip.com is updated at your place -- try "ipconfig /flushdns" in a Windows console window to clear your local DNS cache.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Howdy!
We can always put another coder to good use .... *thinks of the ToDo list and the bugs*
And there's always new add-ons to code if you have ideas.

Mych can handle giving you JDN access. I think I usually ask the BU admin to grant people access to the coredev boards. Off to do that now...