Interstellar Marines on UE3 Plus Trailer

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Zero Point Software of Denmark, has sent out a press release about their upcoming Unreal Engine 3 game. The project was codenamed Project IM up until recently, when they announced that the game was titled Interstellar Marines.
The concept
At the dawn of the 22nd century, man’s lust for resources has taken him beyond Earth and into space. This new frontier has brought new challenges and opportunities, dangers and rewards, and out there, in the dark, awaits the ultimate discovery: another sentient species.

A next-generation FPS, INTERSTELLAR MARINES puts the player in the role of an Interstellar Marine soldier and lets him experience the thrill of a tour of duty in outer space where his decisions can affect the future of mankind.

INTERSTELLAR MARINES is an AAA, FPS, Sci-fi, action and adventure game with an original and unpredictable storyline featuring single and cooperative gameplay, with heavy focus on realism. It is a trilogy, with a target audience that is estimated to be 17+ and aimed at the next generation PC, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 platforms. It is intended to utilize Epic Games “Unreal Engine 3” technology.
There was no information on whether or not the game actually did utilize Unreal Engine 3 at this point, but several sites have reported that they have already licensed it, so I would assume it is.

You can check out the full Press Release in the Comments thread, and you can check out the Game Trailer and some screenshots on the Interstellar Marines site.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Press release, 06-05

FOR IMMEDITATE RELEASE

Copenhagen, Denmark. 4 May, 2006

Zero Point Software A/S announces official game name INTERSTELLAR MARINES™, formerly codenamed “Project IM. A new trailer has been launched at www.interstellarmarines.com

The concept
At the dawn of the 22nd century, man’s lust for resources has taken him beyond Earth and into space. This new frontier has brought new challenges and opportunities, dangers and rewards, and out there, in the dark, awaits the ultimate discovery: another sentient species.

A next-generation FPS, INTERSTELLAR MARINES puts the player in the role of an Interstellar Marine soldier and lets him experience the thrill of a tour of duty in outer space where his decisions can affect the future of mankind.

INTERSTELLAR MARINES is an AAA, FPS, Sci-fi, action and adventure game with an original and unpredictable storyline featuring single and cooperative gameplay, with heavy focus on realism. It is a trilogy, with a target audience that is estimated to be 17+ and aimed at the next generation PC, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 platforms. It is intended to utilize Epic Games “Unreal Engine 3” technology.

Key features
• Singleplayer or up to four players cooperative
• Custom game modes featuring arcade, RPG and tactical elements
• Captivating storyline with heavy focus on realism
• Advanced weapons simulation
• Randomized and non-linear gameplay
• Character growth and specialization
• Fully interactive environments

INTERSTELLAR MARINES combines its unique features with the highest quality in visuals and animation to deliver an experience unlike any other: a serious, well-researched science fiction FPS that gives a realistic vision of what “first contact” might be like.

Info
Game site: www.interstellarmarines.com
Developer site: www.zeropointsoft.com

Genre: AAA, FPS, Sci-fi, action and adventure game
Platforms(s): PC, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3
Release Date: TBA

Developer: Zero Point Software A/S
Publisher: TBA
Distributor: N/A

About
Zero Point Software is an independent entertainment and software company founded in 2004 and based in Copenhagen, Denmark.

A teaser and trailer has been released as part of an initial “Proof of concept” that demonstrates the idea, feel, look and convey the quality, originality and excitement to potential future partners as well as the gaming community. Zero Point Software is currently working on a playable demo and is in negotiations with several publishers.

Caravaggio

Custom User Text goes here.
Oct 2, 2002
US
Visit site
Not sure how to feel about this one.
On one hand a realistic approach to marines of the future would be cool, on the other hand there's this sentence...
"A next-generation FPS, INTERSTELLAR MARINES puts the player in the role of an Interstellar Marine soldier"
On the other hand it's nice they're anouncing it as intended for mature audiences.
On the other hand, any game that claims to be part of a trilogy from the outset is jinxed.

Guess we'll see.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
I've got the sneaky suspicion that Caravaggio is actually a squid with that many hands... :)

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
is it me or are there some pre-rendered FPS scenes?
if so, what is it with all the pre-rendered things ? i'd rather see developpers work for their game rather than a pre-rendered vid of what they call "in-game"

it caught me with the grenade scene, and how the camera moves. Nothings like a mouse or a controler IMO.

Deapblade

Jul 15, 2004
toniglandyl said:
is it me or are there some pre-rendered FPS scenes?
if so, what is it with all the pre-rendered things ? i'd rather see developpers work for their game rather than a pre-rendered vid of what they call "in-game"

it caught me with the grenade scene, and how the camera moves. Nothings like a mouse or a controler IMO.

That can be an animation. It was stated btw in the green screen that everything is gameplayfootage so it is not prerendered.

If it was prerendered they should have be ashamed of themselves because this game looks so bad to me compared to GoW or UT2007 (or is that just me?).

L0cky

UT Envious
Jan 21, 2004
www.utenvy.com
I thought it looked great. On one hand you have people saying it looks worse than mods for current games, and at the same time people saying it looks prerendered oO

The best thing I like about it is that it doesn't look like the unreal engine, proving that all the games don't have to look the same :)

Plus it has coop!

Shrimp

Seafood splatter
Jan 13, 2003
Deep in South Africa
shrimpworks.za.net
The following trailer is prerendered for all audiences using game content and real-time restrictions.

So in other words, it's not gameplay. They have used the game's models, textures, etc, and stuck them together in some movie, in a way that sort of resembles the way it should work in real-time.

That's my understanding of it anyway. Heh.

Kind of like 95% of the PlayStation 3 stuff from E3 last year.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
The lighting and animation is done very well, but it's like they forgot to add polygons. Unless they're going for a cartoonish style, and in that case, the mood they set just doesn't work.