1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

installing promblems with XP

Discussion in 'Jailbreak Support' started by EternalRage, May 27, 2004.

1. EternalRage

EternalRage New Member

When i extract the umod UT2004 mod to desktop with WinRAR i get D:\Program Files\UT2004\ut4umod is not vaild with win32 application

2. TheSpoonDog

TheSpoonDog CBP3! Yarrr!

Sounds like a problem with your windows or winRAR installation if you are unable to even extract the file, as everyone else is able to...

Is it extracting that you are having trouble with? Or trying to install the ut4mod file...

3. EternalRage

EternalRage New Member

Installing the file i extracted it normally nothing wrong its jsut installing

4. Birelli

Birelli meh...

ok, I chatted with Eternal in IRC and tried to get his .ut4mod extensions sorted. We weren't able to do that but he succesfully installed via .ZIP, I guess it's all ok for now.

5. TheSpoonDog

TheSpoonDog CBP3! Yarrr!

with any umods, ut2mods or ut4mods always remember you can type this in windows command line:

<your ut dir>\System\Setup.exe install <your umod dir>\<name of umod>

e.g. On my computer I would type:
    Code:
    C:\UT2004\System\Setup.exe install C:\Downloads\Jailbreak.ut4mod
    I use that all the time. Perhaps we should sticky a thread with this command and/or a link to the various UT regfixes, as there are a lot of people who always have trouble with umods.

6. Birelli

Birelli meh...

Yeah, I stepped him through that procedure, but he was getting a critical error when Setup.exe opened. I'm not sure if he was doing something wrong or if there is just something screwed up in his install.

7. TwelveBaud

TwelveBaud Registered Loser

probably some zbeba system admin (or invalid mod or brain-dead program) decided it would be "beneficial" to switch out the valid installer with it's own perversion, which coincidentally isn't a program. Go figure...

8. RabidZombie

RabidZombie Freshly Removed Brains at half price!

I found a really good program to fix ut4mod files... but i forgot where i got it from, its is compatible with both ut2003 and ut2004, i will try to find a link, i found that the setup thing doesnt always work(it didnt at all with me)

The reg thing is usually if you installed ut2004 or ut2003 in a diff dir instead of the recomended one (C:\UT2003) for instance i did C:\program files\ut2004

9. Wormbo

Wormbo Administrator Staff Member

The correct command for opening the U*MOD files should be:

"<UT2004 path>\System\Setup.exe" install "%1"

(with the quotation marks)

10. Mychaeel

Mychaeel New Member

UT2kX Regcheck