1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Installing probs

Discussion in 'Jailbreak Support' started by Thrill3r, May 27, 2004.

1. Thrill3r

Thrill3r New Member

Hellos i got probs with installing Jb

First i unzipped the file in my Ut2k4 folder
    Added the serverpacks

But it still doesnt work, i have a file left wich wasnt in any folder called jailbreakut2k4.mod

Plz Help :)

I tried the faqs with that prog and stuff it dint work it cant find unrealtournament,even tried the mani thingy still nothing

2. Sexmachine

Sexmachine - retired -

Hehe ... sounds like you have downloaded the UMOD version of Jailbreak. That jailbreakut2k4.mod file is the one you actually have to doubleklick/run to get Jailbreak installed.

Open ZIP -> run included "jailbreakut2k4.mod"

3. ZeroB@NG

ZeroB@NG New Member

Hi,
    when i try to install with the Jailbreak.ut4mod then a screen comes which says i must install UT2K4 first... Version 3186
    But the patch already is Version 3204... :?

is it not compatible or a bug in the .ut4mod ?

4. Mychaeel

Mychaeel New Member

No -- that kind of problems stems from a broken Manifest.ini file in your UT2004 folder. Most likely another, broken .ut4mod installer overwrote it instead of extending it (as a good, working .ut4mod installer such as ours would) -- thus, our installer isn't able to detect UT2004 on your system.

Go to your "UT2004\System" directory, make a backup copy of the "Manifest.ini" file in it. Then download Manifest-UT2004.zip and unpack the "Manifest.ini" file in it to your "UT2004\System" folder. Then try installing Jailbreak again.

5. ZeroB@NG

ZeroB@NG New Member

yepp, thats it (Unreal Demolition was it) thx

6. MAD_MAX

MAD_MAX New Member

I've got this problem too, but doesn't understand how to fix it.
    Need help plz

7. Mychaeel

Mychaeel New Member

There are a couple of common problems with that and their workarounds/fixes described at the bottom of JDN: Bugs.