Installing a UMOD

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MC Groves

May 22, 2004
I've downloaded a few mods and a mutator, and they all use UMOD installers. Thing is, I don't know how to install them. I open them, and copy in the directory where UT is installed (C:\UnrealTournament\System) and the pop-up box comes up telling me to use the directory where UT is installed.

Can you help me out, I'm not especially good at this computer stuff :(

When I was installing the game I used all the default settings if that helps.

Cheers

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Try C:\UnrealTournament instead of having \system on there. It asks for your UT directory, not your System folder :)

MC Groves

May 22, 2004
I tried both of them. I can't think why it doesn't work... I'm not sure if I've updated to the most recent patch, might that have anything to do with it? What version is the latest update?

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Since I'm not sure what UT you mean, I'll just list 'em all.

Unreal 1: 226
UT: 436 official, 451 community patch (with Epic's blessing)
UT2K3: version 2225
UT2K4: version 3204