1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

%&$@ing windows again!

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by Gringle, Aug 30, 2000.

1. Gringle

Gringle New Member

Okay. I add a sheet, solid, two sided, transparent, with a glass texture. Why, oh WHY can you walk through it?? This is really tickin' me off. I asked about this once before but never got a straight answer. What should I do do make it so you CANNOT go through the window? Does it have something to do with an invisible collision hull? Please help a poor mapper out.

--Gringle, webmaster of The Redeemer
    "Show me a hero, and I will write you a tragedy." -F. Scott Fitzgerald

2. Romilar_D

Romilar_D New Member

Sheet Brushes

All sheet brushes, regardless of property setting will not block player movement. Use a regular brush to make your glass or better yet a mover for breakable glass.

[​IMG]

It takes a minute to pray, but only a second to die.

3. Gringle

Gringle New Member

Hmmm...like a really thin cube? Maybe.

--Gringle, webmaster of The Redeemer
    "Show me a hero, and I will write you a tragedy." -F. Scott Fitzgerald

4. Alpha_9

Alpha_9 Infiltration lead level designer

Invisible collision hull

The best way to do it is to make a thin cube, as you say, set its textures to "invisible", then put in the glass-textured sheet brush as you were doing. Works for me! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
    <h2><font face="symbol">
    a 1001</font></h2>

"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

John Donne

5. Vistar

Vistar New Member

Glass Problem....

You didn't say if you used the special brush or not....if not, then when you create your brush, go to "Add Special" and choose the glass/window option. This should solve your problem (I've made brushes that were supposed to be able to be walked through with the non-solid and you still couldn't walk through them until I restarted and reloaded the Editor - it may be a quirk that happens at odd times too)

Vistar