1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

InfRadio... you want it again?

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by SmoerbleXQT, Dec 1, 2003.

?

Do you want another Infiltration Radio Show soon?

1. Yes

80.0%
  2. Only if it's better organized

8.6%
  3. No

2.9%
  4. Did not hear it and don't know

8.6%
  1. SmoerbleXQT

SmoerbleXQT ***** @ levelrating.com

Hi all...
    Use the vote buttons above to vote for or against another Inf radio show.

Well.. first of all: sorry that we could not announce the radio "show" earlier... I was asked to do the translation of the TV show on saturday and we recieved the radio channel at about 21:00 on monday... not even one hour until the show started... and I had to install new drivers and all tools too, set everything up etc...

At the end it worked and at least some ppl stayed until the end :D

Now that we have a radio server... you want some real radio shows in the near future?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2003
  2. vedder

vedder See This Needle? See my arm...

You are not Buddy Pickle, so NO.

3. -Snakebite-

-Snakebite- Hero

Pickle rocked. It would be great to get him back, but if not any more Inf related news is always fun :)

4. jaymian

jaymian Sweet Merciful Crap!

Can I get a DL link to the show that you did since I just heard about it?

5. SmoerbleXQT

SmoerbleXQT ***** @ levelrating.com

@vedder: ok, good point...

@jaymian:
    no, sorry, we started to get the radio channel one hour before the show started, we didn't know we will do a radio... so no one was prepared to save it :(

6. jaunty

jaunty If you disagree with me, you're wrong.

Seconded, thirded, fourthed, fifthed, ad infinitum

7. Keganator

Keganator White as Snow Moderator

Bring back the pickle! I know I've got some brine around here somewhere...

8. das_ben

das_ben Concerned.

It was fun and I liked the music but I'm not sure what content you want to put into the show. A '2.9 feedback show' would be logical, but what comes after that?

9. jaunty

A "bitch about 2.9 show"

Duh.

10. Prowler

Prowler "Building Better Worlds"

A bitch about other people show cause theres nothing wrong with 2.9 and I would be very willing to argue that with you jaunty.

11. Ice

Ice New Member

Bitch about the Desert Storm map pack. Its so damn buggy.

12. jaunty

Do the following things for me, then you can argue with me:

1) Pull out the M9 in game, and without doing anything else, hit reload
    2) Find me a picture of an M16 mounting an M203 without using the squared off M203 handguards.
    3) Find me a picture of an AKMSU
    4) Find me an army, any army, which fields the Robar RC50
    5) Ditto for the Desert Eagle XIX in .357

When you've done all five things, you may return for more tasks.

Don't get me wrong, I think 2.9 is great, but I also think that something in development for this long should've fixed extremely minor things like the M16/M203 handguards and the name of the AKS-74U.

13. erehwoN

erehwoN The Bass Ackwards BTL

We tested them and sent TBT the bugs. They even had some of their own testers. The problem was that only a few of the TBT mappers were able to fix them. They did what they could.

14. Keganator

Keganator White as Snow Moderator

I am unable to locate the place where I can access mutator hud menu items. You know, the mutator menu from the original UT, where mutie makers could create their own little window for settings for their mutator? Did this get passed up again, or has my hour of searching been in vain and I missed it?

15. AlmostAlive

AlmostAlive Active Member

Back on topic. If anyone wants to do a radio show with an INF theme, who are we to say they can't? It's like saying to Yurch he can't make a mutator or even RAv3 because we don't want him to. Besides, who's holding a gun to your head and forcing you to actually listen to it? I offered my help to BP when there was talk about a release party show. The offer still stands, not only to BP, but to anyone who wants to get something like this running again.

We have a very small community and we can't offord to shoot down a creative initiative just because "we don't like it". Let people try it. If it's not a success, it will die by itself. If it IS a success, then great.

16. Buddy_Pickle

Buddy_Pickle Fffeeerrrtt!!!

Interesting.

Here is the issue that I see about all of this, and I think I come from a perspective of experience:

The show was successful back when I did it for a number of reasons. But the largest reason of all was the fact that the game was evolving at a pretty fast click all the time. In other words, there was always something new to talk about, showcase, interview about, etc. Inf was a growing enterprise, and a weekly show lent itself well to acting as a voice for the mod.

Why did the show stop? This is NOTHING against the team or anyone involved with the game, but the simple truth is that things slowed down. WAY down. Slowed to the point that the show would start getting redundant and useless as a voice of Infiltration. You have to understand, it was like 2 years between the last two versions. Maybe a bit more.

What were those shows supposed to be like if it had carried on? The point in all this is whether you want me, or someone else to do it, think about what kind of pool of info the host will have to pull from. Is 3.0 in the works? If it is, what's the realistic ETA?

Share your ideas...lets talk about it.

17. Rostam

Rostam PSN: Rostam_

Good point buddy. I think INF radio should be more directed towards the community, and less to the INF development.

Here are some ideas:

Whenever we get a few succesful leagues and championships running up you can tell the results on air.

You can let the community ask all it's questions (like it used to be, but now we prolly have way more people).

You could use INF radio to let community members challenge other members to a duel, or maybe even clanwars.

It could be used for info about new servers, server changes, mutator progress and requests for server settings / mutators.

Basicly, let the community run the show. If enough people would know about it I think it would be a succes once again.

18. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

I'd agree with Rostam. You may not get as much input from the team as you did back then, but there's still a fair bit going on in the community that would certainly keep a few shows a month interesting. I'm all for it.

19. Buddy_Pickle

Buddy_Pickle Fffeeerrrtt!!!

Do you guys think there is enough community support for it? Its easy to say for one or two shows...but the truth is the community was the fuel behind the original show as well. If the mod is not progressing at a reasonable pace, what makes you think the community will?

I am not trying to be negative here...I am trying to be realistic. The show took work, a head for talk radio, and work. Did I mention work?

The work awas ALWAYS worth it when things were moving along. When things slowed, it was really hard. Think of it this way: During the hay-day of Starcraft, there were 1000's of fan sites. How many of them are there now?

As I read the post it sounds negative...not meant to be at all. I am just trying to cut through the hype of the moment and look at the bigger picture. So i am not saying it wont work...I am just saying, how will it? Good ideas are powerful here. Lets hear more.

20. sir_edmond

sir_edmond In my own world

yhea the pickle is back, and as for the show and when there are leagues it could be like new for example about what happened that day like if MUF murdered AFA or something at a match. and for something fun how about a part about what happened on this day in INF history. For ex. On DEC. 4 a new way to write a code or something.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2003