1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

INFMOD Weapon Pack 1.5 Released! (May 2006)

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by geogob, May 5, 2006.

1. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

Why? If it is technically not good, than ok.

Just fix the M16A4 front grip!! And M4's recoil :D

2. EGM<NL>E

EGM<NL>E Member

shaking too much with your hands psych

well i suggest the usage of a tripod:D
    its a great stabiliser you know :)

Last edited: May 10, 2006
  3. geogob

geogob Koohii o nomimasu ka?

that reminds, me... i need to finish my bipod code.

4. randomas

randomas New Member

With all the coding you've done I wonder if you couldn't have rewriten inf from scratch for ut2K4! :D

5. Spathi

Spathi New Member

Hi guys. Perhaps you guys can help me out, I was reading over the read me when I realized that I don't have the umod file. I unzipped the files into my unreal tournament system folder and all but I know its not fully installed without it. Maybe I'm being an idiot and doing something wrong, but I really want those new weapons. Can anyone help this poor girl? :(
    Thanks

6. cracwhore

cracwhore I'm a video game review site...

We only help cute girls.

We also only help girls with vaginas.

Your problem may be that 1.5 isn't activated in your 'mutators' list. Try putting it into your 'active' list so that you will see it in your 'Loadout' menu.

7. geogob

Crac, you're such a dork :p

Actually, you can use either the umod installation script OR use the manual install (unzip in all files in the system directory). You do not need to do both.

Actually, the umod isn't even available :p

8. Demosthanese

Demosthanese .

Quick question that is never answered in the manuals: What is the actor name for the binoculars? IE: What is X in the following command: "GetWeapon X" It would be nice if you put that in the manuals in the future ;)

9. geogob

it would be INFMOD_Binocs.INF_Binocs

10. zeep

zeep :(

Haha :D

for a moment i thought you were going to say "Try putting it into your vagina.."

Welcome to Inf Spathi.

11. randomas

randomas New Member

We has a miracle worker!:D

Thanks Geo!

Attached Files:

12. geogob

EDIT:

Ok completely editing my post... it was a bit confusing :p

Basically, you do not need to press the keys at the same time. You can hold down the aim key and then press the second key of the combo. Doesn't have to be at the same time.

Just experiment at bit with it. You'll figure it out.

Last edited: May 11, 2006
  13. Corporal_Lib [BR]

Corporal_Lib [BR] Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)

Once you practice a lil the OICW function, it becomes your second nature... I operate it as walking a bike... of course, sometimes I fall ;-)

I don´t mind having more key combos (principally when they´re all located in my numpad, heheh), than having lots of functions in single keys! Go for it geo!

14. EGM<NL>E

EGM<NL>E Member

zip files troubles

hello spathi sometimes the zip files can do weird stuff unzipping them into their respective folders might create another folder inside that folder with the
    same name like system in the system folder. to get it to work,
    simply open this extra folder and place its content into the intended folder
    like place content of system into system, you than can delete the empty
    folder icon, start infiltration open the mutators section and put the mutator
    in the active mutators list to the right;)

15. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

Ahh, I was doing it the other way round. Thanks :).

16. EGM<NL>E

EGM<NL>E Member

zip files troubles 2

this goes pretty much the same for map files they too can create extra folders inside the original folder.

like maps into maps [map icon unr files]these need to go in inf maps !
    textures into textures [utx files] ut textures
    sounds into sounds [uax files] ut sounds
    music into music [umx files] ut music
    the same here open the extra folder ,place content into the intended folder, delete empty folder icon as with the mutator files i mentioned before. { no need for activation in mutators}
    i hope this will help you to play inf:)

17. Spathi

Spathi New Member

1st off...rofl! It created a new system folder. I didn't even think to consider that.

2ndly, Thank you all for helping me out. And for the warm welcome. Can't wait to use the new pistol. Its tougher, but you can still pop heads with a pistol opposed to a rifle. =P

Again thank you all. Its funny how violence and guns bring us together. ^_^

18. EGM<NL>E

EGM<NL>E Member

a little more on map files

sometimes if starting of a map failes this can be because it needs for example
    texture files that are not included in this map but in another map from another or the same mapper, try to find out wich files are missing and install them into the right folder, there might be some info in the readme files of a map, there are also downloadable texture files on the combatmaps.de server.

another reason of not starting a map can be because of version mismatches
    like the weapons that can be found in a city block, the first version works but
    the newer versions dont . reason imt weapon classes have changed so the older versions of these imt weapons cant be used in combination with the latest weapon pack in use.

btw spathi we are not all crazy gun toting war maniacs :p
    but some of us have a military background some dont, but we all like playing INF :D

19. chuckus

chuckus Can't stop the bum rush.

I have nothing but praise for this weapons pack.

The only detail I'll address is the new M16 family hitting the mag after the reload. I have to say Geo... THANK YOU. It's a personal pet peve of mine when people say don't do it or not to include it because militaries advise against it.

It's true. I was taught it damages the magazine when you do it and trust me it does. over time the feed rim at the top bends out of shape creating more stoppages and when you train you don't just throw mags away you keep them in circulation (at war time you can throw them away).

HOWEVER, the m16 family's mag system is notoriously badly designed and tends to not want to click in place when the littlest speck of dirt gets into it. And unless you give it that tap at the bottom you'll spend fifteen minutes putting the mag in and taking it out again trying to get it to seat right. I've even had my magazine fall out of the rifle while on a section attack which is ****ing HUMILIATING!!!!!!!!

So just so you know. In my experience. It is an absolute MUST to slap the mag on the bottom. I don't care if you've heard a click already. Chances are it's a bug that climbed up your receiver when you weren't looking and you squashed him. Always give your mag a slap on the butt.

/End rant.

20. {GD}Odie3

{GD}Odie3 You Give Odie a Boner

LOL @ Chuckus, a bug? LMAO!