INFMOD Weapon Pack 1.4 (March 2006)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Few replies to the last post.

Ladder sight will not be made optional. This due to many different reason, but mainly to lower the number of attachments. Code-wise and model-wise it has a huge impact. The same will be done with the M16A4. You have an M203, you have a ladder sight. That's how it is.

Both the M4A1 and M16A4 use the M203A2 and the HK416 use the M203A1. For this reason (among others) there is not ladder sight on the HK416, but there is on the variants using the M203A2.

The front part of the barel is an error. Cross verified over and over and yes, it should move. It is an easy fix and will be resolved for the next release. M15A2 uses a totally different model. But if you suppose It can't be fixed, I might as well leave it like that. Will save me the work ;)
Sorry Lich, I was wrong in the other post I made. Reverified afterwards to be really sure. Apologies..

BTH: shorter barrel implies shorter acceleration distance, thus lower speed and shorter range.

BTH: On the ladder sight blocked by the reflex, I'm not sure what you are talking about. screenshot perhaps?

Clutch. you don't think the M82 has that much recoil? I think it has much more recoil, especially prone. I toned it down for balance. Just to give you an idea...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7529810055012339001&q=50+Cal+rifle
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7600992109089608558&q=50+Cal+rifle

Last edited:

Clutch

Dec 15, 2005
i watched a video of it and it doesnt kick like you would think. it kicks a little and moves back about an inch then moves back in place in about 1/3 of a second. the gun is too heavy to kick up like it does on INF. i think that should be reduced, as well as the swaying in prone. i love the m82, it is in my top 3 favorite guns on inf and in real life, and maybe this will make it a little easier to use. as it is, it is the hardest to use sniper on infiltration. it sways more, can only shoot good in prone, it is heavy and recoils a little too much, it also takes forever to steady. this is on the top of my list for improvements.

also would be nice to see these:
G36C
spas 12
PKM
M60
Dragunov SVD

binocs dont seem to important because of the maps. not a lot of big maps

Geo: that didnt prove anything. yes, it is a high powered rifle, it kicks but, trained professionals would know how to shoot it right and they wouldn't have alot of trouble with it.

http://www.barrettrifles.com/rifles/rifles_82A1.htm
watch first video at bottom. requires real player to watch :(

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Sorry, I disagree with you. In a prone position, the M82 is by far the easiest and lethal sniper rifle in this game. by far.

On that barretrifles video. He is standing, but using a good support with the bipod. in the other video I posted, the shooter is sitting on the floor, agian with a good support with bipod. This is not possible to do in Infiltration. The only position where you use the bipod is prone. All others you are just holding the rifle without support. This is why it kicks so much when firing crouched and almost not at all prone.

If we come up with a working bipod code, good, but other then that, it's not possible in INF.

Last edited:

Clutch

Dec 15, 2005
another thing is weight. the people in those videos arent wearing gear. they arent as heavy, nothing to stop the kick. the top thing that i think needs to be changed, if possible, is the swaying in prone. a little less would be nice. that or make it quicker to steady.

Clutch

Dec 15, 2005
dont know what your talking about.. i dont play CS. also dont see the big deal in making it not sway as much. if you cant hold it up very well then what makes you think you have enough strength to swing it around? 33.8 lb, 57 in. long gun is not going to swing like that unless crouched or standing. everytime i use it the person i am aiming at, usually with an M16A2, kills me before i can even steady the gun, and it is impossible to try to shoot while swaying so i have to steady it or i'll die which happens anyway. sad part is, i usually see them first :(.

-Freshmeat

Eternally noob
Dec 4, 2003
Denmark
Visit site
I think that 33 lbs of gun is a real bother to do anything with. Even if perfectly balanced, any movement of the gun will have to be very slow in order to be precise, due to inertia. A person using an assault rifle should be able to outgun a person with a sniper rifle at most ranges experienced in inf.

-Freshmeat

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
guys relax

shot01090wm.jpg

Clutch

Dec 15, 2005
most of the time it is all the way across the map on norwich and cuban dawn (balcony to mountain top).

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Clutch said:
dont know what your talking about.. i dont play CS. also dont see the big deal in making it not sway as much. if you cant hold it up very well then what makes you think you have enough strength to swing it around? 33.8 lb, 57 in. long gun is not going to swing like that unless crouched or standing. everytime i use it the person i am aiming at, usually with an M16A2, kills me before i can even steady the gun, and it is impossible to try to shoot while swaying so i have to steady it or i'll die which happens anyway. sad part is, i usually see them first :(.
I hate that as hell when using ACOG's. On middle ranges, shoot and miss and get shot by the ironsighter, or steady sight and get shot by the ironsighter... except the confire has a good day and gives you a hit as a present.

EGM<NL>E

Jul 14, 2005
enschede-netherlands
m60 hmm

hey clutch why do you want a m60 medium machinegun:eek:
the us army replaced it for fn mag58 mg, they call it the m240,
the army and the marine corps have different types of the m240
in use now.
btw they replaced the m60 because it sucked in the field, too many
problems with dirt causing jams ,and overheating was also a problem.

i also prefer the mag 58 and its variants because of their reliability and ease of use.
and i also like the heckler and koch machine guns hk21e-hk23e-hk mg4 - hk mg36

Last edited:

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
"mag58 mg,"

I think almost every developped nation uses it. It's a kick ass piece of kit although doing a ruck march with it can suck that fat beener. Up here in eskimo land aka Canada we call the C6 GPMG. Much like the m249, if you get dirt in it, chuck a bunch of CLP (lubricant/clenaer) cock the **** out of it and it's good to go. It's essentially the m249s bigger brother.

I wouldn't hold my breath on getting it in INF though. It's generally used for platoon covering fire and INF is squad based combat.

Clutch

Dec 15, 2005
EGM<NL>E said:
hey clutch why do you want a m60 medium machinegun:eek:
the us army replaced it for fn mag58 mg, they call it the m240,
the army and the marine corps have different types of the m240
in use now.
btw they replaced the m60 because it sucked in the field, too many
problems with dirt causing jams ,and overheating was also a problem.

i also prefer the mag 58 and its variants because of their reliability and ease of use.
and i also like the heckler and koch machine guns hk21e-hk23e-hk mg4 - hk mg36

because m60s kick butt... guns dont jam on inf so i doubt we will have a problem :p

also want it because although it will be more bulky than the m249 (minimi) it will have higher rate of fire, cause more damage (due to bigger bullets), and be more accurate (longer barrel).

m240 looks too much like m249...

also, i will suggest some m249 work if you guys can. ive felt the real weight and kick of an M249 SAW (and m16) on a military simulator (it was cool, they used co2 to make the guns kick and the guns were actual weight as well as exact replicas, anyway....). you may be thinking it was not accurate, but, you'd be wrong. the people who mae the simulator and guns and such were people who made things for military to train while inside or just weapon training without live ammunition. well, the m249 kicks pretty well but the crazy kicking like in the game where it kicks sideways and all that is just plain stupid. im not sure if you guys can do anything about that considering that it is a game standard weapon and not an IMT weapon. if you cant then oh well, just make a new MG :p.

the program creator was "Firearms Training Systems" or "FATS". here is a link:
http://www.fatsinc.com/Home.htm

dont know why you'd want the link, but i give it to you anyway.

Lethal Dosage

Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer
90% of the M60's problems was due to one US oversight, it didn't have an adjustable gas valve, so without the proper maintnance is should get, the gas valve get partially blocked an gets run aways and jamming, an when the gas valve is completely blocked, well you can guess what happens then.

The overheating problem was from grunts just going full auto instead of bursts, all machine guns suffer from that problem. The other reason that it overheated was grunts removing the buffer pad from the mechanism which increased the rate of fire, which eventually causes the piston to burr and jam.

Now there is no jamming in INF yet, and i'm sure all the INF grunts will leave the buffer pads in their M60s, so there is no problem vs the MAG58. I have used both weapons, and they are fairly similar. However, i reckon the M60 still looks better.

I will try and post a screen of the M4's Reflex blocking the M203 ladder sight and front post soon

Last edited:

EGM<NL>E

Jul 14, 2005
enschede-netherlands
good looks on a weapon ha ha

what is this a fashion show or something:eek:
a good weapon has to be functional under any given situation,
its not about the looks of it :p

Last edited:

Bloodstorm

shooting is fun
Mar 19, 2006
florida
id like to see a rpk (i love ak-47 looking guns and even though the pkm is one of them, i would also like a lighter machine gun that looks like them) and the dragonov svd (sweet looking gun)

Last edited: