INFMOD Weapon Pack 1.4 (March 2006)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OICW

Reason & Logic > Religion
Logan6 said:
Just put in those parachute spotting rounds for the M203 and HK69 so we can light up an area for assault.

As for Sentry Studios, if they are going to make an new INF, both UT2007 and Crysis look to be good candidates ( I'm for Crysis personally!). They could start making skins, etc while they are waiting for the game and the SDKs to come out. Something. Anything. Or are they not coming back?

Far Cry's SDK wasn't particularly useful (it was great for simple matters, but more complicated mapping and editing was very difficult), so we'll have to wait and see how Crysis' mod support plays out.

I think that UT2K7 is probably a better bet at this moment (due to the team familiarity with UED and uscript), although Crysis does look excellent.

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Here's a little something... especially for Yurch, but I think many of you will think "holy shit! Why nobody found that out before...".

I think it explains a lot of the weird stuff I've seen in INF :p

Since it's an amusingly ridiculously big bug, it deserve it's own video for future generation of coders.

oloc_demo.avi - 39 Mb, XVid (ffdshow).

EDIT: ah I forgot to mention that this bug is reproducable like that only offline. Sorry, it was late ;)
But its such a hugely funny bug, would be sad not to point it out. But that could be a starting point to investigate why you can shoot yourself online too (see sometimes with RealTargets). I never thought about wrong bullet origin before we found this out.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
yurch said:
( pawnObserver(Other) != None && Other.Owner != None && Other.Owner != Owner && instigator != None && instigator != Other.Owner && Other.Owner != Shooter)
That's a lot of Ownage.

@Geo:
You asked "Questions?" in the vid. Yes, why I play so much crap so long time, why? I feel like crap now, bye.

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
I said one man CODING cruzade, I know there was lots of modelling, skinning and animating hours done by the team... I was just been too melodramatical in the late of the night...better stop watching too much soap opera! XD

Put in some more "development bloopers", thats quite amusing ;-)

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
You know it' something we've all done in the past like shoot at walls when the collision pushes the weapon back. I always just assumed the bullets went through the wall or simply just wound up in limbo.

How the **** could we all miss something like that!!!!!!????

Anyway 3 cheers for Geo and his amazing music selection lol!

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Yes, why I play so much crap so long time, why? I feel like crap now, bye.

You know it' something we've all done in the past like shoot at walls when the collision pushes the weapon back.

Well maybe you haven't played so much crap, because I forgot to mention that this seems to happen only offline.

Of course, it's not ruled out that it could happen online, perhaps with a different set of conditions, but it's not reproducable like that online. So it's not that bad for online play. Still a funny bug though :p

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
geogob said:
Well maybe you haven't played so much crap, because I forgot to mention that this seems to happen only offline.
Phew. I allready thought...
Anyway, I never fired a weapon that close to something.

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
TS is good for the next 20 mins

how about 1 hour 20 minutes later? Forum isn't a very good/reliable way of sending private message :p
Especially when you can write to me on 6 email adresses, ICQ, MSN, AIM, Yahoo, Google Talk... I mean... there is no excuses that will do really ;)

--

Just so you know, WP 1.5 is in Release Candidate stage. I just finished the part of the manual that describes all the weapons. Still have to review the installation and stuff.

There is much more i'd like to do, both in short and long term, but after this release I will have to take a good month or two break du to Real Life™. Only if really major show stoppers show up, I might address them.

Among things I haven't had time to do, but wanted before Real Life™ takes over, there was the total tweaking of distance sounds, recoding the nades once again, tweaking AKM and FAL, integrating the 40mm Flares, replacing the flashlight effect of Tac Lights, etc.

Also, in the new project pickup list, there still is the L85 series, which will get done with hi priority as soon as Real Life™ gives me some spare time, in about a month. I already contacted Tiffy and got very useful information from him.

That doesn't mean the IMT is dead. As I said earlier today, I am not the only IMT member and work will continue. Further improvement will be made while I'm busy wrestling with Real Life™ and new releases might even see the day (bug fixes, model/skin updates, etc.).