1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Infiltration stole my jogging!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bad.Mojo, Aug 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bad.Mojo

Bad.Mojo Commander in Chief o' the BMA

If you thought the picture of jaunty's classmates and the stories we made up about them were funny, you gotta check this out.

A couple of boys from <a href=http://www.planetunreal.com/thirdreich/>The Third Reich</a> decided to come to Infiltration and -- get this -- accuse Infiltration of stealing jogging (and the weight system).

Despite many efforts to convince them otherwise, they were headstrong in insisting this. Their arguement was that their roadmap was up since January... I tried, honestly, to tell them that the weight system was in the Infiltration Roadmap is in place LONG before January, and that the jogging/stamina system had been talked about since way before then as well.

If that wasn't bad enough, they then decide to say the Infiltration team emailed them asking for their mod. Then they change their story and claim one person emailed them and asked for their weapons. Then they changed again and said they wanted Third Reich as a mod for Infiltration (a mod for a mod for a game, I guess... I dunno.) Then the email, despite being proof of a monopoly, cannot be shown for "moral reasons". Apparently their morals are good enough to slander somebody, but to strong to allow them to actually prove their stupid claims. Then the email becomes a letter...

On top of this, spunge (bunny) decided to make empty threats of doing "lame sh<i></i>it" (his words, not mine) to Infiltration -- threatening to make it "disappear off the face of the earth for a month" (like people don't have the betas on their harddrive... pfft.)

Anyways, you really gotta read this sh<i></i>it to believe it. I couldn't be making this up if I tried. Best part is, Stryker claims to be the public relations guy for TTR (good way to relate to the public, dumbass.) There's three seperate logs, and they were all occuring at the same time, so pay careful attention. All my logs are time-stamped. Watch as they make wildly hilarious claims, contradict themselves, make their mod and their team look like idiots. God, read this folks. I couldn't make something like this up even if I tried.

<a href=http://badmojojacket.homestead.com/files/infiltrationlog.txt>The wackiness begins as Stryker and Spunge (bunny) come into #infiltration and start accusing the Inf team of stealing jogging!</a>

<a href=http://badmojojacket.homestead.com/files/inflog.txt>It continues in #inf after I convinced Raekwon not to kick ban them because I wanted to hear more of their hilarious stories</a>

<a href=http://badmojojacket.homestead.com/files/spungejaunty.txt>jaunty tries to trick spunge into sending him the non-existent email... watch as spunge contradicts himself!</a>

<a href=http://badmojojacket.homestead.com/files/strykerjaunty.txt>Stryker sends jaunty a message. Instead of just telling his bitch spunge to send it, he has it copied'n'pasted instead. Seems to me somebody didn't want to look like they were typing two things at once... like an email and a chat window...</a>

<i>[Edit: Added Stryker and jaunty's chat log. Notice Stryker/spunge's typical poor, nonsensical grammar near the end of the mail]</i>

Hilarious. Please... parents, talk to your children about raw heroin before the local drug dealer does. The side effects might be <i>this</i>.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2001
  2. RogueLeader

RogueLeader Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"

This is rediculous. I accuse The Third Reich of stealing Infiltration's first person view.

And look at this bs from their web site:

Sounds like someone is mad that they can't come up with original ideas.

3. jaunty

jaunty If you disagree with me, you're wrong.

Just for the record. I DO NOT suspect infiltration of stealing anything from P19 (As is said in the discussion with TTR_Stryker that I'm about to post, and I thought I'd said to spunge). It was merely a ploy. I do not think that any of the Inf members would ever sink so low as to steal like this.

One log that Mojo hasn't posted is my discussion with TTR_Stryker about the said email that doesn't exist, which is rather similar to the discussion with spunge.

I'll get that up for you at a later date (when I dont have IRC running, and thus can't access the log)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2001
  4. Ballistophobia

Ballistophobia Hedonistic Forum Panacea

All I have to say is f<b></b>uck the f<b></b>uckin f<b></b>uckers!

Oh and mojo, heroin doesn't create morons like this, inbreeding does...

5. RogueLeader

All these sigs with jaunty's pic is really confusing.

6. the real pacman

the real pacman Gwen's my hoe

I can't believe it! I feel cheated! Infiltration has commited a crime! HOW COULD YOU STEAL THEIR STUFF YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED! You will dissapear! dieeeeeeeeeeeee!

oh sorry for a second there I believed it, must be lack of sleep.

:rolleyes:

7. jaunty

8. Bad.Mojo

Hah!

Great quote Rogue! What a friggin' hypocrite this guy is! I saved the HTML from the page in case he tries to deny it!

<i>For 'security' reasons the roadplan has been removed from the site. It seems some mod (which we will not mention here) recently 'took' some of TTR's copy-righted things and used it for their own benefit, we are not going to undertake any legal actions though. We have decided to just remove the roadplan instead. But do note, if any of this should happen again, legal steps will be taken.

Sincerely
    the TTR-Team</i>

Then he says this in IRC... HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!

< TTR_Stryker8_PuF > we'r not sueing any1 here, the whole thing is rather ubsurd since its a very common feature and realistc

9. ShakKen

ShakKen Specops Spook

I haven't even heard of this mod before today.

They've got a beavertail grip safety on their WW2 colt government model 1911 and a lanyard loop hammer on their WW2 production 1 browning high power. If we copied anything from them I'd be downright EMBARRASED.

10. ShakKen

ShakKen Specops Spook

For the record, the implementation of jogging was the result of the rather violent conversation between SoSilencer and myself, in the proceeding of which I discussed workable methods with the rest of the team. Those of you who hang around the New Suggestions Forums may remember this.

11. RogueLeader

Mojo: something I just noticed when I read that page a second time in your post: check out how the word "took" is in quotes...I think that says it all.

12. vedder

vedder See This Needle? See my arm...

WOW and here i was going to check out TTR. F*CK THEM. I say we boycott them. Their argument is laughable and I'm sure their mod will be lame.

13. ramon

ramon Junior Member

14. JonnyBoy

JonnyBoy alive

I wasn't going to get involved in this...but I just have to ask one question...

Jaunty, when you say "copy-righted", does that mean that you have actual legal documents stating that you have the rights to these features in a mod? Is that even possible?

15. ramon

ramon Junior Member

yes, its possible to copyright anything you want, (when it isnt already copyrighted) but i think that its a stupid thing if you arent gonna make money for the product, coz copyrigth somthing is not easy or cheap (me and a couple of friends wanted to copyright a plot we do for aan amateur film, the price: 450 us $ <-- this is an approximation, coz i dont know the exact change of the dollar, but u coul add/substract 40 dollars as much).

16. jaunty

Johnny, I'm very lost here... when did I say copy righted?

17. ramon

ramon Junior Member

sorry Mojo, but you should have posted this in Genera Discussion. this is very important to the community, and most of posters and new ppl ar scared to com to OT :p

18. Stryker8

Stryker8 New Member

yet we have been contacted to port our guns into your mod, weird huh
    Also you have once yet proved Jaunty that i can't trust any1, thx for the confidence, believe what you will, i'm not going to comment on the log, it speaks for itself
    and now you'r trying to save your face?? saying its not true what you sead, oh then in that case, everything we said was just a joke. Did i save my face now? no i guess not, how do you have the nerve to speak like that about us, man, i thought you were decent. In another way i'm pleased you showed that, since its the truth!
    about the hypocrit part, this isn't the first time a mod has stolen our ideas, luckely the other mod got the concept wrong and fecked up.
    FYI: Me and spunge (i admit he was kinda light headed atm) have been working on that roadmap for half a year.
    It seems to me that infiltration is trying to get rid of competition by taking over ideas or there work. Since as i understand you'r having difficulties finding a publisher, cause there aint much new in the game, in oposition to say cs.
    Also, you guys are here around for, oh about 2 years, and the roadmap has gone plublic from January, now, you'r going to tell me that it took you 2 years to figure up with a simple, realstic running way? I mean, it took us 2 weeks to get it 100% as we wanted. Its all to much of a coincidence imo.
    And wouldn't you be ****** off, if you saw that another mod did the right thing like your own, i mean the running system is quite big in a mod, you can't ignore it, and with the "new" features inf implented we'll be just another mod in the line. We had something original, and coincidence or not, we lost it.
    this is my 0.02$, and if you disagree i can understand, perhaps i'm overacting (and i always do), but you know, if you'v worked on half a year on a roadmap, and you see mods taking features from it, ask yourself this, how would you feel?
    As the logs show, i didn't intend to insult inf in any way, i just had to say what i wanted to say.
    And i apologises if i did insult any1 or inf.

Hope you understand my position

With regards

19. vedder

vedder See This Needle? See my arm...

You dumbass. getting rid of the competition? This isn't for profit. Infiltration is meant as a fun little side project for the people of sentry studios. Why would they want to destroy your mod, its not like people can't afford to play both.

20. Bad.Mojo

Are you drunk, Stryker?

You say you've never visited the Infiltration page before (you can't deny this, you openly claim this in the logs,) and yet I notice two things about your site:

One - you have rotating quotes like Infiltration does (ie: Inf has "For mature audiences only" and "Still searching for that murphy guy" and "So its like Counter-Strike", which are clever and relative, and you have "So its a ... WWII mod?" and "Morpheus - You are the one, Neo" which are unfunny and unrelated tothe mod.)

Two - You make use of the term roadmap. As far as I can tell, Infiltration was the first mod project I <i>ever</i> saw to use that term before.

Who's thieving from who, you little prick?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.