Infiltration mapping community

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

keek

mapper
Nov 7, 2000
The Netherlands
www.phys.uu.nl
Dunno really. I heard about one game a year back or so that had the white house in it. It was permitted but they had to change the way it looked inside cuz it was too realistic. Security was afraid of terrorists first practicing in the computer and then..... :eek: Can't remember the name of the game :(

It's a piece of KeeK!

keek

mapper
Nov 7, 2000
The Netherlands
www.phys.uu.nl
Since everyone seems to post shots that show of their maps I'll post one which is so screwed with GIMP that one can't see anything. ;) It's a top view of DM-Dahood...an almost finished map..it's just the BSP-holes :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
dahood.jpg

Also a pic of my experimental snowgenerator.. I put it against a tropical background cuz it shows the snow better than a white winter map!
snow.jpg

The white border is GIMP too ;) !

It's a piece of KeeK!

WhackZero

whack0
Sep 13, 2000
bellevue, wa
members.cox.net
would this count as a real inf map?

even though its in an unrealistic setting, i don't consider this to be a map for ut either...
(it's one of the 'rooms' in the "castle" - wrong textures, i know [they look kinda cool though :)] i had to throw some on, plus some lighting, too)

HanD_of_DarKNesS

Evil Bastard
May 23, 2000
Ottawa, ON (Canada)
Snow Generator?

Keek:
How does your snow generator work? Is it a map element, or does it effect only the player through his 1st person view?

A map element would obviously be much better and realistic.

DarKNesS=.gif

For you, the end is near.

keek

mapper
Nov 7, 2000
The Netherlands
www.phys.uu.nl
The snowgenerator is an actor you place in your map. You can set the radius where you want the snow to fall and set the amount of snow. When running the map snow-actors are spawned and fall down to the ground, where they disappear. So the idea is that you really see snow 3D all around ya. The fat that the snowflakes are individual actors means that you can't have too many of 'm in sight..so no blizzards. But I've had little slowdown with a fair amount of snow in my map, so I guess any reasonable amount is OK.

It's a piece of KeeK!

I_ABuGa

Vetran
Apr 27, 2000
Malaysia
Visit site
like to share that snow generator thingie Keek? Please?

I'm working on 3 different maps right now... big mistake on my part coz now my attention is not focused so I'm taking a lot of time doing and un-doing stuff. I'll post pics soon.

Evil_Joe

Jan 22, 2000
PA
Visit site
Keek, Whackzereo looking good. Can't wait to play 'em. I tell you what this mapping community is really shapening up like it was in the "old" days. I have a feeling BP is going to have his hands full doing reviews in the weeks to come!

Also Keek your snow generator is looking good, would be cool if you released that to the community so we could all play with it ;).

BTW this has to be the most popular thread I've ever started. Pretty cool LOL!

Map and the world maps with you.

HanD_of_DarKNesS

Evil Bastard
May 23, 2000
Ottawa, ON (Canada)
Yeah, Keek, is that snow generator in a state that it could be released (maybe as a beta) for mapper to play around with. I'm sure RaekwoN would be interested for his Siberia map (the sequel to Kazakstan).

As well, does it currently support rain? If not, could it? It would be somply replacing the snow objects with falling rain (a long falling drop).

It looks great though. I can't wait to run through some freshly fallen snow! :D

DarKNesS=.gif

For you, the end is near.

keek

mapper
Nov 7, 2000
The Netherlands
www.phys.uu.nl
This Hood is comming up at the end of the week! :cool:
The snowgenerator is busy raining at the moment :D I see if I can teach it some more tricks. We're gonna let it rain cats 'n dogs!! :)
It will be ready when it's ready ;) ;) ;)

It's a piece of KeeK!

UKM-oh!

May 23, 2000
white house...

the white house map you were thinking of was probably in the excellent duke nukem 3D add-on, "duke it out in D.C" which features some of the most amazing urban mapping i've ever seen, even if it is with the old build engine.

that snow generator looks very cool btw