1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

"Infiltration command" the infiltration mutator

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by barnEbiss, Oct 7, 2001.

1. barnEbiss

barnEbiss Member

We had originally planed to make a real-time “real world combat” strategy warfare game for UT from scratch, we got as far as producing a script that shoots a “hold this position” marker for directing the UT bots.

Then the latest version of infiltration was released, with the bots diving for cover, sneaking along crouched, and customizable load outs for teams, so now instead of reinventing the wheel we have decided to switch our development focus to creating a mutator for Infiltration.

This mutator will place the player in spectator mode, allow them to select bots, issue commands and moving orders, and will set opponent bots meshes to invisible unless they are in view of one of your own soldiers.

We could use some help with the coding of this mutator, so if you are familiar with the Infiltration Bot AI code, or just knowledgeable with UT script, then we sure could use your help :D

2. keek

keek mapper

This is a cool idea... I'm sorry I can't help ya: time shortage :(
    Making the bots invisible could be done by setting the player as the owner of the bots under his command and setting bOnlyOwnerSee=true. Now, pawns have a "CanSeePlayer" (I probably have the name wrong) routine in 'm, so you can check if an enemy bot is spotted by your bots. Then you could set bOnlyOwnerSee=false on that bot.
    You say you already can issue commands to bots easily... so you've got the basics.

I really hope you find some coders to help ya!

3. barnEbiss

barnEbiss Member

Yah I hope I can find some one to help out with the coding

4. barnEbiss

barnEbiss Member

I am setting up a web site for this mutator thou I’m not quite sure about the name what do you guys think should I stick with "Infiltration command" for its name ??

5. Keganator

Keganator White as Snow Moderator

Or you could, like so many other games, call it : Infiltration: Tactics (ala Final Fantasy: Tactics, Fallout: Tactics, etc) :D

6. Keganator

Keganator White as Snow Moderator

But : It sounds really, really cool. I'd help out if I wasn't so busy (i'm supposed to be doing calc right now...due in less than 12 hours!!!)

7. barnEbiss

barnEbiss Member

:D
    Well if you ever get the time we could use any help we can get
    Thou we mainly need a good coder because INF already has all the models sound and other Good stuff that this mutator needs but we can always use some good mappers
    And remember I’m open to suggestions about the mutator name

8. barnEbiss

barnEbiss Member

I have gotten a temporary page up for the mutator take a look and tell me what you guys think of the lay out for the page

http://www.yontingeneral.com

9. -=-SDS=- Lust

-=-SDS=- Lust Boo!

Sounds like a good idea. Kinda like Xcom for Infiltration :)

10. barnEbiss

barnEbiss Member

I am posting the early bot controller my last coder came come up with Its not all that good but it’s a start

The bots will only go to were you shoot if they are not doing anything

You have to summon it I don’t know if you can summon it in INF but to summon It in UT just type, “summon botcontrol.remotecontrol”

If any one here would like to help in developing this mutator or you just wants to play around with the bot controller fill free to download it

There are two major things that need to be done a better units selection system
    And a unit command system like Attack, Hold position, Move

11. ZIRB

ZIRB Inhuman

barnEbiss

When choosing Infiltration you guys show good sense of "quality"!

I've many times said that I wish to see the Infiltration in other types of play forms, since I think the "base" in the game; the player virtual body simulation, everything about the realism concerning the weapons and now even some bot-behaviour as you mention, is what really makes INF better than the rest! (Not the only-one-life-system online that I think is INF biggest obstacle in the way for big success!)

I wish you all imaginable luck and really look forward to your mutator!

Z

Last edited: Oct 13, 2001