Infiltration CDs and magazine cover CDs- helping the Inf-less

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Tommy Atkins

Older, but no wiser
Mar 17, 2001
UK
Lo there

For the past couple of months I've been buying PC Zone magazine- being on a 56k, its cover disks are the quickest & cheapest way to get hold of mods, maps, demos and trailers. In January, it had Taccy Ops. This month it had Strike Farce. Now, I know that Infiltration has this stamped CD for release but I was wondering if any of the team have contacted magazine publishers about distributing 2.87 FOC on cover CDs. If so, is there anything the community can do to help?

The way I see it, most of the CD sales are going to be to existing 2.86 players, whereas the cover disks will be going out to the poor, ignorant Inf-less masses- an ideal chance to increase Inf's player base.

And before anyone says it, I know that the Inf CD will contain a LOT more than just the mod- but the Inf-less won't unless we go tell 'em ;).

Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
no, he is probably suggesting that the free cover CD's with INF will interfer with the sale normal CD's

anyway more INF CD's to the masses i'd say (as long as the CD's installation menu SPECIFICLY says "NOT like CS" :D )

Tommy Atkins

Older, but no wiser
Mar 17, 2001
UK
Originally posted by G-Fresh
I don't understand, what exactly are you suggesting? That the INF CDs should be distributed with magazines?

Like I said, the for-sale Inf CDs have added extra stuff- I was just wondering what, if anything will be sent out to the games mags...

Hang on- I meant PC Gamer... doh.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Could you include PC-Zone Benelux too ? :)

Here's the adress : ( link : http://www.pczone.nl/colofonnl/ )
Titel: PC Zone Benelux
Publisher:
PromoTime Publications BV
Postbus 4460
2003 EL Haarlem
(The Netherlands)
Tel. (023) 540 00 08
Fax (023) 535 80 29

This should be the e-mail adres :
- redactie@pczone.nl
Hoofdredacteur: Theo Paijmans
// --

DeMachina

gone
Sep 1, 2001
Québec,Canada
Most of the mag that would include Inf in their cover-CD would probably only include Inf, not all the mappack. So you still have a big advantage buying it.

The only cover-CD I have that include Inf 2.86 doesn't have any mappack.

bastardb

Dec 11, 2001
canada
Visit site
ya so its still just a tease to the 56kers

doitdoitdoit doit

wait for like a month past release though so you make sure to get maximum sales

then with the outbreak of it in magazines possibly another outbreak of sales a week after they all recieve

"jimmy we got 287! its in this here magazine"
"but pa... we have no computer nor are bear skins worth $15 USD"
"*smack* shut yur mouth boy! get the shotguns were stealin ourselves a COMPUUTOR"

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
even if the magazines get their version at releasetime ... it will take at least a month before it appears on a cover-cd as those things usually are planned before the magazine is printed.
So I think Inf will not need to worry about that ...

karsh

Y2KHippy-Karsh or WW2Hippy-Karsh
May 24, 2001
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
hay a mag cover CD is how I got into Inf...
and that was 2.75.... or was it even eirlier...

that was somthing like 2 years ago.. and it took me a year to get online to actually play for real... Im not a Mag buyer... but its always good to get mod's on them and have a look...

I've recently seen so many Mod's out there useing QIII, HL and UT engines... has anyone else noticed the rapid explosion of realisem/historical mod's in the last year??? or even 6 months???

Inf has a small following, and little things like Cover CD's help keep the population stable and growing slowly...

Remember that slow gradual growth is the best way...
No growth at all well... everyone knows that sucks
but massive growth rapid growth in the community and the standards in the community Drop just as rapidly...

quote from Basterdb
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ya so its still just a tease to the 56kers

doitdoitdoit doit
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
as a 56ker myself........hmmm fitting name...... smerks.....