Infiltraion Level Theme Ideas

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

bastard_o

Lead Designer
What level themes would you like to play Infiltration in ?

Here are some examples.

1) City streets
2) Suburbs
3) Desert
4) Forest
5) Mountainous
6) Military Complex
7) Etc etc

But please only submit themes that have not been done yet and are original.

Stating the themes possible -
Mission objectives
etc etc

G

Can you just do all of these, it wouldnt be a problem would it?

Seriously, I think that the thing that is most missing from UT mapping is DAYLIGHT. I get really tired of dreary dark levels. have a nice daylight map would be awesome.

I like the military complex idea, as well as any outdoor maps, though they are hard to do. The mixture of indoor/outdoor is fun, so you can change envorments, it keeps things lively.

I think that any of the mission objective could go along with the INF 3.0 gameplay. Sabotaging communications, and embassy storming scenario would be cool. Stealing information would be great (though similar to INF earlier versions).

You know, as far as im concerned you can take the ball and run, but its extremely cool of you to put this forth to the community.

------------------
Got real maps? Get the goods at:
http://www.cablelink.com/realworld/index.html

G

Can you just do all of these, it wouldnt be a problem would it?

Seriously, I think that the thing that is most missing from UT mapping is DAYLIGHT. I get really tired of dreary dark levels. have a nice daylight map would be awesome.

I like the military complex idea, as well as any outdoor maps, though they are hard to do. The mixture of indoor/outdoor is fun, so you can change envorments, it keeps things lively.

I think that any of the mission objective could go along with the INF 3.0 gameplay. Sabotaging communications, and embassy storming scenario would be cool. Stealing information would be great (though similar to INF earlier versions).

You know, as far as im concerned you can take the ball and run, but its extremely cool of you to put this forth to the community.

------------------
Got real maps? Get the goods at:
http://www.cablelink.com/realworld/index.html

Catalyst

science begets death
Jul 18, 1999
CA, USA
Daylight, yes. And half-outdoor, half-indoor maps, like facilities in the mountains or some such. People, scrounge up some pictures on the net of possible levels and post them here to give our level designers an idea of what you want. Thanks!

Hodag

High on Jimson Weed and Lysol...
Aug 5, 1999
St Paul--MN USA
I want to see a convenience store standoff.

------------------
Adam C.
-------
Happiness is a warm AMR...

Nukage

Feb 7, 2000
angelfire.com
Desert maps are extremely sweet, as are forest maps. I'd like to see a map with terrain like CTF-KillGore, and DAYLIGHT MAPS ARE GOOD TOO!!!!! It makes it harder to hide, but when you ARE hidden in daylight, it's a more effective sniping spot. This one map that i love for counterstrike has a desert scene, and a house, in which the hostages reside, as well as sewers for access to the whole map. If this concept was brought to Unreal t, it would rule!! I also like Urban maps, but the urban maps that have been yet made seem so lifeless except for the other players. If NPC's could be made, or even just ambient sounds to make it seem more lifelike, that would rule.

------------------
TOAST...MWUHAHAHAHAHA!!(inside joke)

Deathwish

Jan 31, 2000
dallas tx usa
kylewp.tripod.com
Do you know what I would love to see? Like two skyscrappers facing each other with a street between them, so like one team spawns in one the other team spawns in the other one, so you get snipers in the windows trying to kill the people on the other bulding and guys trying to crossover the street and not getting killed.
http://kylewp.tripod.com/kyle.htm Start getting real

Draco-1

I've been to hell, and I spell it DMV.
Jan 30, 2000
Visit site
How about this for an assault Map:

Terrorists have actually captured NORAD!! (yeah, yeah, but it makes for an intersting plot) Your team has to take out the terrorist threat and stop the launch sequence. Since the terrorists have already broken INTO NORAD, the base defenses will be partially crippled, allowing a strike force to have a chance to take them out.

You can use the Movie War Games for reference. /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif Would you like to play a game? Maybe even throw Joshua in there for S&Gs.

Hmm, what else...
An airport would rock. Great outdoor spaces with a sizeable indoor architecture to satisfy those agrophobics. A Hijack theme for an assult map would work here well.

How about a bus station?

Something fun? What about a paintball field? /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif hehe, maybe even see if someoen can make a Mutator for INF that converts the guns to paintball guns (ballistic arcs on the projectiles and brightly colored splotch decals.) heh

Of course there's always the Police/FD/SWAT training grounds.

disturbed

Nov 10, 1999
www.research-center.org
The NORAD idea would be interesting, but not at all realistic. I don't think Saddam Hussein has the balls to go after NORAD.

Also bear in mind that Infiltration isn't a counterterrorism mod like CS or SF. I'd like to see the focus shift from SWAT/ATF to the SEALs, SAS, Green Beret, etc.

Here's some suggested settings for maps (plot not included):

- nuclear submarine
- chemical plants
- oil platform
- arctic military installation
- jungle (GE007/N64 style to keep the framerate up)
- Navy destroyer

------------------
Jon Merriman
The Research Center
http://rc.gamersreality.com/

Derek

Feb 1, 2000
FL, USA
Visit site
Yes, arctic is a very, very good idea, main installation in the middle of map, surrounded close by by a wire fence/gate, complete with MP hut. Surrounded by some hills, one team spawns inside, the other behind the hills. Radio antennas of the roof of the installation, double paned windows (for that extra pleasure of shooting them apart), roof accesible for sniping.

It could work for assault: 1. Plant C4 in designated part of gate, blow it. 2. Enter installation, pickup (your item here), exit 3. Destroy foundations with c4.

Of course, without the proper artic camo skins...

The more I think about it, the cooler it gets. MAPPERS: MAKE THIS MAP!!
-Derek

Corin

Jan 26, 2000
San Jose, CA
Visit site
Like I have said before, I am seriously lacking in sierra-esque maps. Pines, redwoods, mountains, streams, snow, cabins, etc. And daylight! God, make it high noon or even better 1:00.

Don't think I have ever seen a winding stream with high slippery banks and tree cover in Unreal/UT before.

Derek

Feb 1, 2000
FL, USA
Visit site
That'll be the day when "realistic" takes the next step. No game has ever been able to apropriately do tree cover, not flight sims, not fps's, not anything.

I guess Delta Force 2 game the closest with the ground-breaking high grass. Astounding. Grass, but tall, damn.

I want decent trees, and lots of them damn it.

I want outdoors for once, outdoors that don't like like total pixelated crap.

Wolfn2it

Feb 3, 2000
users.uswest.net
haha I like a gold plated toilet, baby, but its just not in the cards. hehehe That would kick arse dude

------------------
Kill'em all and let God separte 'em!!!

Eliwar

-
Aug 14, 1999
Howabout:

-two teams
-one has regular seal gear while the other has minimal amount of gear
-objective 1a: destroy bridge
-objective ab: destroy convoy that would ship some big ass guns to the other team
-objective 2: If you don't blow the bridge in time, just try and kill the other team

Advantages
SpecOp team- better weapons (initially)
stealth and quickness

Rouge team- cover (base)
a convoy that will bring better weapons

sinse you can't really do a forest scene, you'd have to go to a desert or mountain one

------------------
"What's your major malfunction numbnuts!
Didn't Mommy or Daddy hold you enough when you were a child?!"
*Blam* -FMJ

Eliwar

-
Aug 14, 1999
Oh and the other team just needs to stay alive

------------------
"What's your major malfunction numbnuts!
Didn't Mommy or Daddy hold you enough when you were a child?!"
*Blam* -FMJ

farrp

Nov 25, 1999
Visit site
I like 'deathwish' idea...two skyscrapers with a road connecting them. All the rooms would be lifelike and all the windows would be breakable. WOW!!! This could be a lot of fun. Even if you didn't want to go down to the first floor and cross over to the next building, you could just snipe or shoot at others from the other building. Cool!!

Kisel /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Hodag

High on Jimson Weed and Lysol...
Aug 5, 1999
St Paul--MN USA
How about the worlds tallest building in Malaysia. You got to see it in --Entrapment--
It's got a skybridge too.

------------------
Adam C.
-------
Happiness is a warm AMR...

bastard_o

Lead Designer
Well guys, this is the type of info I have been after excellent, please keep the ideas coming, in a few days I will produce a theme summary list of those that I think are the do-able/feasiable ones
I will attempt to combine themes together so we all are happy /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I hate doing this but please call in at my hosted site http://www.planetunreal.com/realworld/ have a look around at the themes I have already produced.