INF_MiniUziFix causing bugs with WP1

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jbJOGI

puzzled?
Apr 15, 2001
Germany
www.combatmaps.de
changed title: [WP1] vanishing M4 sil!

edit: this has been profed as wrong suggestion. anyway, you can reproduce the M4 sil bug this way /edit

after setting up the INF_MiniUziFix mutator we discovered a "serious bug". the mutator removes the M4 silencer. it does not simply become invis, it's removed from the LOD.

after starting the server and the muts with the startscript (multimut used here) it works just fine. silencer is mounted on the weapon and works. it also runs well after voting other maps.
but, after changing the map/template via the webadmin the mutator causes the silencer to vanish.

i also removed the fix from the multimut and loaded it via webadmin. but again the bug occurs.

as far as i know this problem only affects the M4 sil, but not the M16 version or any other standard inf silencers. very strange.

muts running:
RollingM67
WeaponPack1
BonusPack
ReportDirection
INF_MiniUziFix

Last edited:

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
now tell me how can this:
Code:
//=============================================================================
// INF_MiniUziFix.
//=============================================================================
class INF_MiniUziFix extends INFc_LoadoutMutator;

function int CheckItemBulk(class A) {
	if ( ClassIsChildOf( class'INF_Bonus.INF_MiniUziSup', A ) ) {
		return 9;
	}
	return -1;
}

defaultproperties
{
}
affect the M4 suppressor???

That's the full code of the package. And as you can see it only jumps in for the MiniUziSup Weapon class and nothing else. In addition the used function is only called at the time an item is added or remove to or from your inventory to get the proper bulk value for it.

So, don't blame the MiniUziFix for this...

Oh and the M16 has a suppressor now? I don't thnk so... ;)

Last edited:

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Beppo... M16A4 has a suppressor attachement...

I've seen this problem happen some times with the weapon pack. Some attachement simply dissapear (suppressors, leaf sight, LAM module...). I have no explanation for it and I have not been able to reproduce de problem, but my feeling is that this is an issue either with the weapon pack or between the weapon pack and some other mutator.

I doupt that fix is in cause too. it's perhaps only a coincidence.

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
We're talking about the M4, not the M16A4. And i have seen this problem occur many times, most of which were before the bonuspack was even released. I don't think its the BP's fault.

jbJOGI

puzzled?
Apr 15, 2001
Germany
www.combatmaps.de
damn. you're right. this isn't caused by the miniUziFix but by the WP1 itself. just noticed it while testing the mutator and as i've never seen this happen before it was pretty clear what to blame... :eek: ;)
i'm sorry for it.
maybe we could change this thread into a bug report for the WP1... ;)

anyway, maybe a bit more courtesy might be appropriate in this board. :(

Taque

Custom User Title
Dec 3, 2002
PARIS
www.mpclan.com
Forgive them if they're a little sensitive about the word "bug," but then again, if that's the entire code then I can see where Bepz was coming from. :p