1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Inf SP Coop weapon summoning

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament' started by Ironword300, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Ironword300

Ironword300 Member

This is a question for folks familiar with the UT mod Infltration. I've decided to play unreal SP all the way through with INF weapons (coop). Whenever I come to an unreal weapon, I will ignore it and instead summon an infiltration equivalent; same with ammo. After lots of time spent using the console command "obj list", I have managed to locate most of the requisite weapon codes; but some don't seem to show up in the console, especially weapons with attachments. For example, although I can summon the H&K MK 23 SOCOM with the string "summon INF_Core.INFc_MK23", the weapon doesn't come with any of its attachments. In the regular INF game you can load it out with a laser sight, a suppressor, and a flashlight. When I do that and then look in the console with Obj List, there is no string that has anything to do with a flashlight; what I do find is "INFc_MK23_LAM" and "INFc_MK23_SUP". However, the strings "summon INF_Core.INFc_MK23_sup" and "summon INF_Core.INFc_MK23_lam" do not work. Nothing happens.

The same thing occurs with a few other weapons: the FNP90, the H&K MP5/40A3, the flashlight for the Benelli MS190. I'm just wondering if I'm missing something, or if it's simply impossible to summon these weapons with attachments simply because of the way they were coded. (Even knowing that would make me less frustrated.)

BTW I've attempted to open infiltration in UnrealEd but was overwhelmed--had no idea where to look or what to do.

Thx for any help anyone else can offer.

2. hund_schraube

hund_schraube Member

3. Ironword300

Ironword300 Member

Hmmm, thanks for reminding me; back in the day I think I recall not having very good results with it and INF. But it's certainly worth a whirl. I'll report back with results.

4. Ironword300

Ironword300 Member

OK, reporting back. Doesn't work. Inf is one of those un-stuffswapper-friendly class-based full conversions (Night's Edge is another) whose weapons are scripted in such a way as to be balanced in the mod's gameplay in such a way that they can't be used outside that specific gametype. I'm not a coder or mapper myself, so I don't understand the technical how's and why's of it, but that's the bottom line. Alternative real-weapon mods that are summonable, though none offered weapons as good as Inf's, are Covert Forces, Combat Zone, AGENT X - Undercover Operations,Operation Stingray, Jungle Warfare, and Silent Assassins. One mod that did have weapons of quality equal to Infiltration--and came before Inf, so probably gave the Inf programmers their inspiration--was Serpentine, but that was released only for Unreal, not UT.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  5. medor

medor Member

6. Ironword300

Ironword300 Member

Medor, I definitely plan on playing ONP (never have, but it's on my list), but what does this have to do with the topic at hand? I downloaded the rar and skimmed through all the docs, even did searches for "Infiltration", but no dice; and the UnrealSP review says that ONP uses UT weapons, which implies no real-world weapons such as the ones at issue here. A li'l help?

7. medor

medor Member

8. Ironword300

Ironword300 Member

Oh, you probably mean Inf 2.75 or earlier. Yes, those are fully summonable. But IMHO most of the fun with Inf lies in the expanded weapons set from 2.90 and later, which are class-based and thus not usable in normal UTSP. A special procedure allows you to set Infiltration 2.9+ up for SP via coop, but you still have the summoning issue with some of the weapons which was the subject of my original post.