INF just made me look smart!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mason

Self appointed voice of reason
Dec 14, 2000
Upstate NY
forums.unreal2.net
My fiance' had a similar argument in High School. I was with my partnet in Cuba(Guantanamo Bay, he was in the Marines at the time). She got into an argument with her HISTORY teacher; he said there was no U.S. base in Cuba, she told him otherwise. "OK, if there's no base there, then where are my boyfriend and his Marine father staying?"...and "I have letters from him, would you like me to bring them in so you can see the postmark and the address?". Sometimes, teachers are more worried about appearing all-knowing than actually allowing their students to really LEARN.

Excelsiore

Binary Liberation Front
Mar 23, 2001
Sweden
www.geocities.com
One time in high school a spontaneous (on subject) discussion broke out while the teacher was out of the classroom(about the only time it ever happened). I think we were reading about ethics or something and somebody said something that started the discussion.

All I remember of it though is when the teacher came back she said: "Your're not supposed to be learning when I'm not in the classroom."

She is also quoted as saying: "I'm here today since I don't know how to call in sick."

Sweep

Jul 25, 2001
Visit site
What kind of idiot teacher can read the 2nd Amendment, read the things written by the people who wrote it, and come up with the military/police only definition? If she doesn't want to be contradicted maybe she should pull her head out of her ass and quit spouting complete bullsh*t...

"Now many people think that the 2nd amendment states that all people are allowed to have firearms in their posession. They are all mistaken as it was set up for only the military, the policing forces, and militia to bear arms, not the private citizen"

She gets the dumbass of the day award. Only way you come up with that definition for the 2nd Amendment is by either being a complete moron, or a biased anti-gun zealot, lol... Yeah, we've all been mistaken for a couple hundred years, thankyou Prof for setting us straight, lol.

Last edited:

Eliwar

-
Aug 14, 1999
_-_

*cough* teachers are democrats for the most part, and democrats don'tgenerally like the thought that gun ownership is actually legal.

PS don't debate it, we know it gets no where. Keep it on the topic that teachers are dumb.

A_Rimmerlister: schools around here are more likely to fire their teachers instead of getting any heat about a teacher who is obvious biased and unfair. If I do all my work and do the tests, she can't fail me...

Torque Wrench

Jun 23, 2000
Midland, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Aaaaaahhhh..... I love school stories.

I had an english Lit teacher who LOVED political jargon!! So one day while he was waxing pretty with another student about the social virtues of privatizing the economic sanctions impossed by the third stanza done in the 9th key. I got the idea for my semester essay. Needless to say it was all about political jargon and how people who perceive themselves as being very bright individuals need to SOUND smart, even at the cost of turning a 5 second sentence into a 5 minute speech. I ended the essay "....does this all sound familiar?"

I got an A!!:D

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Unless you're talking about multiple choice tests => you're right.
But as soon as any kind of 'personal opinion' is involved being on a teachers 'bad' side might mean a 0.5 difference.
That might be just enough ... (I don't know how your grades work, so ...
grades range from '1' (you were there ...) ... '10.0' (you answered everything 100% correctly in the test).
You 'fail' if you score 5.5 (or lower) so a few points extra or less for any part of the test does have an effect.
You can complain about your grade (of course), but if you've been a 'bad' boy do you really think that any other teacher is going to disagree with the grades your teacher gave you ?

btw : the militia does not equal *any* citizen ...
The sick, women, children & elderly would be 'citizens' too, but unless the circumstances are truly desparate they won't be part of "the militia" of a village ...
So IMHO it is technically correct. (and if she really is 'anti-gun', then she will favour a stricter interpretation of what a militia actually was at that time ...)
And if there's any subject that is filled with 'personal opinions' then history is one of the 'worst'.

BIG_MONKEY_JR

Apr 1, 2001
www.planetunreal.com
There's a stupid english teacher in my school, one day in her class she wanted to discuss a utopian society and why it's bad, or something like that. She got no response at all, and since she didn't know what it meant, she didn't say anything. That was a very eerie silence. I dropped that class like a wet bag of navy beans.

We also have another english teacher, he's been there for like 30 years, and he's really good. He's also Liberal (canadian middle-hand gonvernment), he runs in local parties. And he put a quote on the board that said "The hottest spots in hell are reserved for those with no opinion" and somebody in the class said "You mean the liberals?" The whole class burst out laughing, including the teacher, he was speechless. Oh good times...

Goat Fucker

No Future!
Aug 18, 2000
Denmark
Visit site
A utopian society and why its bad? LOL, thats gotta be the mother of oxymorons!

To you Rimmerlister, there is a time to fight and a time to retreat, but somethings are just plain worth laying down youre life for.

Just because a teacher can give you bad grades doesent mean you should be a coward, somethings are worth the fight, if for nothing else, then just so you can still look youreself in the mirror.

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
I can easily see where Utopia (essentially a Christian Sparta minus the stealing and brutality) might not work... (gold chamber pots too heavy to lift and clean, modernistic objections to slavery, perhaps (under some interpretations) the constant need to be at war with some other kingdoms to retain national stability while trying to keep out appealing-sounding foreign political ideas, etc. ...)
You mean the liberals
:lol:

Goat Fucker

No Future!
Aug 18, 2000
Denmark
Visit site
Well FA, then it wouldent be utopian now would it?

You can question the method of reaching a utopian society, but if you actually succeeded in making one, pure utopia for all, not just some, then what bad could their be?

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
Originally posted by Keiichi
If she doesn't want to be contradicted, then she shouldn't say contradictory things...

I hate teachers like that.

-Keiichi

i love em, u can make em look even more stupid then they are :)

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
Man oh man, I'm glad I took almost all Advanced Placement course classes...those teachers had to know what they were talking about to even get us close to passing the AP tests, so fortunately, my High School carrer was not filled with these kind of teachers...for the most part.

I especially liked my History class. He was this ultra-commie-liberal and was happy to spew his beliefs, and even happier to give tons and tons of supporting evidence and argument. He was even happier when, since a small but vocal portion of our class was very conservative, we had extended, well supported debates. Good times, good times.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Originally posted by Goat ****er
A utopian society and why its bad? LOL, thats gotta be the mother of oxymorons!

To you Rimmerlister, there is a time to fight and a time to retreat, but somethings are just plain worth laying down youre life for.

Just because a teacher can give you bad grades doesent mean you should be a coward, somethings are worth the fight, if for nothing else, then just so you can still look youreself in the mirror.
I'm not saying you should avoid a fight.
I'm saying : you should not go looking for a fight, just for the fight itself.

Saying "U dumb bitch them is lies. I knows I is rite ....(yaddah yaddah blah di blah ...)"
or
"I'm afraid you're mistaken, because .... (blah blah blah ...)"
ie : acting like an idiot just to make the teacher look stupid & disrupting the class is never going to make them realise they said something stupid.