UE3 - UT3 Increasing Background Music Volume

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Robject09

Nov 4, 2009
Hi all,

I am hoping to finish my first releasable level design called the Dragon's Den and just have a few final issues that need resolving before I try and get it out there. The only issue I feel I need to seek help on is with the background music.

I created a UT Map Music asset for the level with the intention of creating my own tracks to be added to it, but time has caught up with me. I am now likely to just use existing sound cues from unreal. Anyway, it all seems to play okay, BUT IT'S SO QUIET!!!

I was wondering if there is any way to turn up the volume of the sound cues used within Map Music assets?

Or perhaps another way of doing the music altogether?
(I do NOT have the "Play Music track" action in Kismet for some reason - before anyone suggests it :s)

Odedge

Keeper of Tutorials
May 26, 2009
www.odedge.com
Don't know if this is still an issue, but if you are using stock music, then the volume should be fine. Are you sure you have the game music volume set at a level that it will be loud enough compared to the other types of sounds.

Also, you might be able to "duplicate" the stock sound cues and see if there is a way to increase the volume. Then in your music arrangement, just use your new tweaked sound cues???

Robject09

Nov 4, 2009
Wahoo!

Well that worked a treat :) I set up new sound cues within the DragonDen UPK using Unreal's base music tracks and multiplied volume by 5. And it now seems to play at a level I think more suitable.

Having a new problem though - the map music doesn't seem to revert back to ambient once action is triggered, even if you've been out of danger (and aren't shooting anyone) for a while...

Odedge

Keeper of Tutorials
May 26, 2009
www.odedge.com
I would have the music tested on more than your computer, if you can, to make sure it's not too loud.

As for your new issue, check out a stock music arrangement to see how they did it. You can also check my signature for a link to my UT 3 tutorial list, which has a few tutorials that Zynthetic did for music, which are really informative.

Robject09

Nov 4, 2009
Thanks for another swift reply Odedge :) I'd randomly found those same tutorials from zYnthetic when google searching yesterday and using them (and trial and error based on Unreal's pre-existing arrangements) I've managed to get it working much better.

Still a few kinks I'm working on and I've emailed Zynth directly to ask if there is any simple way to stop Victory from being overridden. But judging by what's been said in the tutorial this seems unlikely.

Robject09

Nov 4, 2009
btw it'd be awesome to get some feedback on what you think of the music and even the level itself if you get the time. (The music does just use some of Unreal's Outpost level's arrangement but I think it suits).

Here's the link to the latest version if you're interested:
http://uploading.com/files/e58521mm/DDV1-3.zip/,DDV1-3.zip,37.4 MB,,Aug 18, 2011,

Also got a post up on my level under "content releases" called "Dragon's Den Level Design" if you'd like more detail on it :)