1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Incompatible Game Files: ../System/Engine.u

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 2003/2004' started by KliwX, Aug 5, 2004.

1. KliwX

KliwX Macified ReSpawner

May 27, 2001
    I have installed the free "retail dedicated" UT 2004 server on my Mac OS X 10.3 Xserve. Trying to connect with a unpatched retail Mac client (fresh installation, not connected to other servers first) works fine:
    But, when I patch my client to 3236 (latest available for Mac) I get problem (still not connected to any other server first):
    On the client I get the following message:
    As far as I see I can't use the patch for the client to patch the server installation (I did try thou). Without any deeper knowledge about what's going on under the hood of UT2004 I guess the server gets upset when the checksum doesn't work out the file in question? If so, how do I solve that.
    I have tried to searched the net and Atari (and BU) forums but no find anything useful.

Any idea how to solve this or where to look for solution?
    Thanks in advance.

PS. Other users (Windows users) get the same problem.