1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

...in the meantime Denmark kills Baby Giraffe

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Balton, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Renegade Retard

Renegade Retard Defender of the newbie

2. -Jes-

-Jes- Tastefully Barking

Proving once more you are the worst fucking poster on this board bar none.
    At least I mingled my insults with logic argumentation.

Oh hey, now it's four tags. Go fuck yourself.

3. Leo(T.C.K.)

Leo(T.C.K.) Well-Known Member

Sometimes you have to settle for less..jes

4. -Jes-

-Jes- Tastefully Barking

Better than sticking with the travesty that is you, both as a forumite and as a human being.

5. Delacroix

Delacroix Successor of Almarion

You two act like kids, seriously... Each time I see you two in a single thread it becomes worse than any stunt I'd be able to pull off, and check the Dark Knight Rises thread how low can I fall... *facepalm*

6. Balton

Balton The Beast of Worship

no, it's because this is the first thing you posted in this thread

can you see the amount of insults you're throwing around?
    this is the reason why almost everyone thinks you're the worst poster. Grow up or take your medication whatever it is.

7. -Jes-

-Jes- Tastefully Barking

I don't know, you've pulled some pretty bad stunts.. Still better than plumb though. (and HIS threadshitting is actually tolerable compared to this abomination)

And tbh, I'm far from the first (and definitely not gonna be the last) to rip that little shit apart. Hell, it pretty much happens every time he makes a thread.

8. Delacroix

Yeah, you tell me... The Unreal PSX thread and my skills in drama stirring over there, little can compete with that shit... *shakes head in self-loathing* Nowadays I mostly stay out of drama jazz. With exceptions. :p Like here. Or the Ukraine thread. Here? Maybe because it seems incredible to me how one dead animal can create such an outrage. I mean, come on... It wasn't tortured to death, it wasn't boiled alive nor eaten alive, it was quickly and elegantly put down.

True - there were other options, like that British Zoo offer - but they weren't taken, it happened the way it happened, so let's get over it.

And with the Ukraine thread just next to this, I find it curious how a giraffe... a giraffe!... causes such a fuss if there's much more pressing matters at hand, like the latest stunt of Putin's that thus far has claimed lotsa civilian lives AND caused an explosive situation a little closer to home than I'd like to.

9. -Jes-

-Jes- Tastefully Barking

That is exactly why I'm in this thread so much.

The outrage about Marius is disgusting, because it really has nothing to do with the unlucky animal's life (or the deprivation thereof) itself.
    Two other giraffe bulls have been euthanized in Europe for the exact same reason since 2012, the only difference being that their deaths by boltgun (and subsequent use as lion fodder) were not public 'edutainment' events.

Where were the outrage for them? Oh, that's right, there weren't any!
    This whole debacle only exists because there are people out there willingly grasping at straws, so that they can wrap themselves in a fake blanket of moral justice. A petty blanket they're willing to send ordinary hard working, well-meaning people DEATH THREATS for.

It's the Tumblr Social Justice Warriors, real life edition. And it sickens me.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  10. Rambowjo

Rambowjo Das Protoss

You are a literally lying. The giraffe was not killed in front of kids, it was dissected in front of kids, in order to teach them about its anatomy.

Unlike the rest of the world, Denmark is a mostly uniformly identical people. Those who live in Århus or Aalborg can easily speak on behalf of people in Copenhagen on matters like these.

Remind me who that is? Norway, Sweden and Denmark are completely identical in nearly every manner of society. The biggest real difference is that Norway is the richest country in the world.
    We are secular, pay among the highest taxes in the world (incidentally this means we have no suffering), and no one person is bound by the traditions of their family. This is true for all Scandinavian countries. We are identical.

On paper we might have a relatively high population density, but the fact of the matter is that one can live anywhere in Denmark, unlike places such as the US that has massive deserts and mountainous areas.

You are the one who came in here flinging mud.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  11. Leo(T.C.K.)

I beg to differ meeting all the different people online. I can't recall ever having issues with a swede or norwegian online. Dans though? yes
    You are not realy same like there, not joined by the continent even. High taxes no suffering? Ok, dream on. I won't believe that, not after I've seen reality being different in other countries who claimed similar stuff. At least you're not actively attacking, unlike jes.

12. -Jes-

-Jes- Tastefully Barking

Holy fucking shit, the delusions are running wild now. I attacked first?
    Well look at that, fuckface. Wrong again.

Balton has pointed this out. Is he danish? No.

Wow, look at that. A forum dominated by americans thinks you're the worst poster.
    Must be those angry lifehating danes' fault. Oh wait, it's not. You're just a delusional little shit.

Take a quick look through your own post history and I can guarantee you that I speak for everyone on this forum when I say:

Get the fuck out and don't ever come back!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  13. Benfica

Benfica European Redneck

14. Rambowjo

Rambowjo Das Protoss

I know a lot of Swedes and Norwegians, and I have also been to both Norway and Sweden on many occasions. We are pretty much identical people.

Jes is attacking you because what you're saying is absurd. You have a lot of the facts wrong, you show huge prejudice and you seem extremely affected by the whole "protect the children" and "outrage" culture present in the US. The fact of the matter is that what happened with Marius, the giraffe, happens all the time with all kinds of animals, in zoos all over the world. People just weren't aware, until the turn came to a cute little giraffe, and a zoo decided to make an event out of it.

15. Delacroix

On the topic of child protection, I have a completely different stance than "protect at all costs"...
    In fact, I'll throw a Mass Effect example being the ME fanatic that I am and I'll ask:

Does anyone remember the Quarians?
    I'll explain this example shortly. Being exiled from their homeworld, the Quarians, who always had a lousy immunity to diseases, have sealed themselves in perfectly isolated environments of their suits and made sure their ships are always extra shiny clean. What did this lead to? Complete immunological system degradation. It was this bad that when one was tortured by Cerberus mercs in the Ascension novel, the poor guy - exposed to Omega atmosphere - instantly got violently infected with dozens of various microbes and fungi - if not hundreds.

In the real world, we're slowly becoming Quarians ourselves.

Think about it: compare village inhabitants to city inhabitants and guess which ones are more prone to get allergic or sick - of course, city inhabitants! Food disinfected according to the latest, very rigorous sanitary rules, overprotection from cold and stuff like that: we're slowly but inevitably diminishing our own physical resistance to the natural stuff.

What does it have to do with Marius' case and the outrage that kids shouldn't watch this?

Our minds work the same way as our bodies do. If we're not exposed to the reality of this world, however harsh that is, maybe gradually, but exposed nonetheless, we're gonna have a HAAAAARD time dealing with it as adults. By not ensuring that kids get accustomed to the reality's terms in a proper pace, we risk that someone else, e.g. in school or in da hood will tell the kids what they should know - only not necessarily in a proper way. This goes for how animals are treated in zoos, for how kids are made, for what happens if you go out in the evening in a dangerous 'hood with your wallet right in your hand for everyone to see, the works.

Proof? I have it here in Poland: back in the communist times we had one minor thing right, which is sexual education classes in schools. Kids were learned how kids are made! And in a proper, mature manner, with the importance of family underlined there. Right now due to the idiocy of our pro-Church governments we don't have these classes, so horny teens learn what sex is either by experimenting (and earlier and earlier by the year, hence kids in secondary schools have kids already!!!) or by hearing it from the more "brave" (stupid) kids which urge them to try that on their own.

We should think carefully whether or not protecting our children from everything does more harm than good.

All this outrage due to Marius' being put down in front of the kids (which is a false claim) or being dissected in front of the kids (true version) is a huge misunderstanding.

16. Dark Pulse

Dark Pulse Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.

So, what have I concluded from reading this thread and am breaking a three year-old-plus posting drought to say?

• The notion that they killed a Giraffe in front of kids for ****s and giggles is ****ing sickly amusing, in a "shaking my head" sort of way. Did certain posters not read that they did it as a way to present a rare chance to teach these kids some things about the anatomy of a giraffe?
    • Kids were hardly forced to watch - if anything, news reports revealed kids were interested and often dragged their parents.
    • The fact this giraffe was killed because survival would mean effectively inbreeding - thus long-term harming the genetic viability of the species - was also apparently missed. Instead, "they killed the giraffe for no good reason."
    • People raising a fuss over a baby giraffe really are being hypocrites. Why? Because OH MY GOD IT'S A BABY YOU CAN'T DO THAT. Listen, unless you are willing to say this about every single animal, including humans, on the planet, you're officially a hypocrite. You wouldn't give a **** if it were an old giraffe who could barely stand, or if it were a less-cute animal like an axolotl, so don't act like it's a travesty just because the thing was killed.
    So what can we conclude? The zoo killed a giraffe because if they would have let that giraffe be moved, when it mated it'd be equivalent to inbreeding. So they decided to kill him, putting the genetic strength of the species over the individual giraffes, and since they'd feed him to the lions anyway, they did it in public so that kids would get a chance to learn about the anatomy of a giraffe.

There is thinking critically, and then there is thinking emotionally. If you can't think critically on a subject, then frankly, you need to shut the **** up until you calm down and can do that.

Darples, out.

17. Rambowjo

Rambowjo Das Protoss

Is dark pulse right?

18. Balton

Balton The Beast of Worship

nope, he's wrong about the assumption that that one giraffe would've caused severe inbreeding in the giraffe population when this risk was just projected on the European giraffe breeding program which is just a few zoos in the EU.
    What you can hold against the zoo of Copenhagen is that they opted for the easiest and cheapest solution.

19. M.A.D.X.W

M.A.D.X.W Active Member

IT'S A GIRAFFE. GIRAFFES SOUNDS LIKE DRAUGHTS.

Why does it matter if they killed him? He's a zoo giraffe, barely even a creature, just a sculpture, he's created to be looked at and then die. It's not equivalent to killing a wild giraffe.
    He had to happen someday,so it happened now and he was eaten.

As we all, will be.

Ugh, liberals.

20. Leo(T.C.K.)

Dark Pulse broke his vow of silence which lasted years...giraffe made him do it. :(
    No but seriously, I saw Dark Pulse in multiple places before, but he never said a word.
    For years. Lurking on IRC channels too, not saying anything. And then suddenly Giraffe makes him speak.