...in the meantime Denmark kills Baby Giraffe

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/02/09/world/europe/denmark-zoo-giraffe/

Copenhagen Zoo said it euthanized the male, named Marius, on Sunday because of a duty to avoid inbreeding.

After an autopsy, "Marius" was dismembered in front of a zoo audience that included children, and fed to the zoo's lions.

Despite online uproar over the move and reports of last-minute attempts to save the animal, the zoo in the Danish capital said it had no place for Marius in its giraffe herd.

Foregoing any 'Shakespeare' quote this made me lol in a cynic way.

And now people people threaten the zookeepers' life.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Well, what the hell are you supposed to do with a dead, but previously healthy giraffe? Throw it on the garbage and instead buy other dead animals to feed to the lions?

And yeah, the giraffe was killed because otherwise it would have to be put away into some separate area where it would have suffered from loneliness. I know religious people prefer life-long suffering over a quick death, but luckily not everyone is that cruel.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Well, what the hell are you supposed to do with a dead, but previously healthy giraffe? Throw it on the garbage and instead buy other dead animals to feed to the lions?

And yeah, the giraffe was killed because otherwise it would have to be put away into some separate area where it would have suffered from loneliness. I know religious people prefer life-long suffering over a quick death, but luckily not everyone is that cruel.

Actually put time and effort into finding the giraffe a new zoo? Think outside the box, reintroduce it into the wild, find a (non animal cruel) circus stuff like that. I agree, after the animal was killed it would've been extra cruel to let the meat go to waste.
As long as the life long suffering is man made we can change the conditions so it's not. No need to for superstitious beliefs.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Watch this, kids!!!

AP_marius_giraffe_copenhagen_zoo_jt_140209_16x9_992.jpg

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
The Copenhagen Zoo had been trying to find a home for Marius for years, but apparently could not get it set up. So instead they killed him and fed him to animals. I don't really see a problem here, it's a perfectly reasonable thing to do.

And the kids won't be traumatized, a lot of work went into explaining the process. And even if they are traumatized, it's not the Zoo's fault, it's the parents' fault.

e: here's the whole series of photos for anybody interested.

http://politiken.dk/fotografier/reportagefoto/ECE2204117/se-verdens-hoejeste-dyr-fra-oven/

Last edited:

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
In my head, Danes are now filed under "Giraffe-shooting bastards".

The Copenhagen Zoo had been trying to find a home for Marius for years, but apparently could not get it set up. So instead they killed him and fed him to animals. I don't really see a problem here, it's a perfectly reasonable thing to do.

Except for the fact that a zoo in the UK (and one in Sweden) made it very very clear they would be willing to take him and pay for the transfer.

Also, what I find even worse is rather than using an injection, they decided to use a bolt gun instead, for the specific reason that it would mean they could feed it to the lions.

It's all just a little bit cynical from the zoo involved. There'd be a fucking national outcry if a zoo in the UK tried to do this.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
I don't care about the Dutch and I don't care about giraffes.

sounds like some classic, American-bred, phony outrage.

Danes != Dutch

one of them gobbles down cheese like there's no tomorrow while the other people drink lard like the Irish whisky.

Last edited:

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Except for the fact that a zoo in the UK (and one in Sweden) made it very very clear they would be willing to take him and pay for the transfer.

Also, what I find even worse is rather than using an injection, they decided to use a bolt gun instead, for the specific reason that it would mean they could feed it to the lions.

It's all just a little bit cynical from the zoo involved. There'd be a fucking national outcry if a zoo in the UK tried to do this.

One of the zoos were technically in the same position as Copenhagen Zoo, and thus just as ill fit to house the giraffe. The other zoo could potentially sell the giraffe for profit to a circus.

There's no real difference between using a bolt gun or injection, at least not from the animal's perspective. Bolt gun kills instantly.

Watch this

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENnNNVOEDZ4[/M]

nawrot

Jan 23, 2008

Director of ZOO in Poland just proved it as lie. They wanted to get 1 male giraffe around November last year. They were refused, by some coordinator of giraffe breeding that just wanted to show who is important here. So this giraffe died because of some idiot ego. Article was in polish news will probably get to english tomorrow or so.