1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

In case of a TERRIBLE MIGRAINE, what do you take?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Polychron, Jul 14, 2011.

1. lovebug

lovebug New Member

I used to think headaches and migraines were the same till I had a migraine the week before my wedding (im guessing it was stress induced) I was in so much pain and my speech was slurred and I couldnt say what I wanted to, it was horrible. Ive never had one since but sympathise with those who get them :(

2. Zxanphorian

Zxanphorian ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Actually listen to Aphex Twin's Ventrolin. ;)

Anywho, I'm glad that I don't experience migraines.

3. NeoNite

NeoNite Worst hack fraud ever

Same, haven't experienced a migraine yet. Plan on keeping it this way.

Until life decides otherwise :p

4. Polychron

Polychron Poliwrath

Those who have or had a real migraine, can you describe your typical symptoms and the aura.

5. WaitForTheRain

WaitForTheRain New Member

The mild ones are usually just a really really bad headache, but the worse ones for me have included some of the really horrible things like partial blindness, partial blindness, numbness, vomiting and slurred speech. Sounds almost like a stroke, but that's just what the really bad ones can be like. Someone who hasn't experienced it probably won't quite understand what it's like, especially the partial blindness - it's not like you can't see anything, it's almost like there's a huge section of your vision that you can't focus on or make out anything in.

6. Hazel.H

Hazel.H Member

I find focusing some kind of simple rhythm like a clock ticking helps when it's very painful, I've even tried using my headphones a few times :)

I feel for you :( My record is around 11 hours, it took a week to recover from that. Did you ever try imigran (imitrex) injections? I take them for the really bad ones where you can't keep anything down or get up off the floor, they work wonders! My visual distortions usually look like what you see if you look at a lightbulb for too long and then look away, except everything leaves an outline in negative or purple and green colours and it stays around for ages. Sometimes there are very tiny points of white light moving around and leaving a wavy trail, bright purple blobs moving like a lava lamp, or it looks like it's raining indoors with wiggly lines everywhere :gonk:

7. KaL976

KaL976 *nubcake*

I've had one & frankly it's the worst pain I've ever experienced & I've had a pretty broad experience of pain.
    If you want a vague idea of what it's like put on a full face motorcycle helmet that's a few sizes too small & leave it on for at least 8 hours.
    If you can time this with really bad bout of tooth & earache you might be getting close.

8. Renegade Retard

Renegade Retard Defender of the newbie

It varies for everyone, but as I said earlier, mine feels like someone is shoving a screwdriver into my eye socket, between my eyeball and the bone, and continuing to press. I can literally press the spot with my finger where the pain in centered, and it all radiates from there. It's maddening, because no matter what you do, you can't relieve the pain.

Unfortunately, I get them about once every week or two. I've learned how to notice signs that I might be getting one. If I can take some Excedrine for Migraines early enough, that usually stops it before it develops. If I wait to long, then the meds do nothing. I have to act before it actually becomes a migraine.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  9. KaL976

KaL976 *nubcake*

Damn Ren, that's phucked up :(

10. Renegade Retard

Renegade Retard Defender of the newbie

This reminds me of something that happened to me a few years ago. Here are some snippets from the Ci forums. It shows what a migraine is like, but still funny. ;) (and yes, 100% true)

Then the next day:

11. lovebug

lovebug New Member

have you ever given birth? No? So I doubt youve experienced 'real' pain then :D

12. Wormbo

Wormbo Administrator Staff Member

Men are sissies when it comes to being ill in some way.

13. lovebug

lovebug New Member

Never have truer words been spoken :D

14. Hadmar

Hadmar Queen Bitch of the Universe

Fearless dumped this in #fragbu yesterday:
    [​IMG]

On topic:
    I think I had a migraine when I was sick as a teenager. The pain was extreme and even low noises made it worse. If you want an idea how low: The noise from pressing a button on a Genesis game-pad was hardly bearable.

While I don't get migraines nowadays I do get headaches very often.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  15. NRG

NRG Master Console Hater

Ah yeah, I'm in pretty much identical. I've only needed an injection once. I don't know what it was though because I was in the hospital and they were just trying to stabilize me ASAP. All I know is that it was some kind of narcotic and damn, it was easily the fastest and best relief I've ever felt. But yeah, that one took me about a week to feel 100% again too.

16. shadow_dragon

shadow_dragon is ironing his panties!

17. KaL976

KaL976 *nubcake*

I was just comparing it to broken bones & knife wounds :lol:

18. lovebug

lovebug New Member

I am going to refrain from asking how you came to have broken bones & knife wounds. Perhaps a night out in your local Bristolian pub? :p

19. KaL976

KaL976 *nubcake*

Skateboarding, being clumsy & not believing my sister when she said move your hand or I'm cutting through it :lol:

20. lovebug

lovebug New Member

:lol::lol: