Importing and using textures???

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Euphoric Beaver

impeccably groomed
Apr 19, 2001
Great Britain
www.euphoric-beaver.me.uk
I've been trying to mess with the HUD and was trying to replace the HudElements1.pcx with my own.
So I subclassed ChallengeHud and made a new GameType that used my new HUD.

In my new HUD I imported a texture using this code.

Code:
#exec TEXTURE IMPORT NAME=hudelements FILE=textures\hudelements.PCX GROUP="HUD" MIPS=OFF FLAGS=2

I'm pretty sure it works because it's copied from the original ChallengeHud but edited to suit my folders and name.

I was planning on overwriting the DrawWeapons function, and I tried to replace my texture with the old one. But it's having none of it. It keeps saying it can't find the texture. :(
These are the ones I've tried.

Code:
Canvas.DrawTile(Texture'ciced.hudelements'
Canvas.DrawTile(Texture'ciced.HUD.hudelements'
Canvas.DrawTile(Texture'textures.hudelements'
Canvas.DrawTile(Texture'textures.hudelements'

And tried putting the .pcx at the end and even tried imoprting it manually through Unrealed but still no luck. :(

What's wrong? :(

TaoPaiPai

Commisaire Van Loc
Jun 13, 2000
Matnik
Visit site
the correct syntax would be
canvas.drawtile(texture'hudelements.YourTextureNameSilly',1)

But I think you should give it another name than
"HUDElements" because it this package already exists and it will either not work either make something wrong with the UT package.