Important! - Nc 3.0 User Feedback Poll - Please Vote!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What should we do with NC2 User Reviews?

• Scrap 'em! Delete the old table and let us start fresh.

Votes: 31 55.4%
  • Keep 'em! Post them along with the new feedback system.

Votes: 25 44.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

luquado

The cake is a PLOY!!
Feb 18, 2000
Astoria, NYC
www.luquado.com
In the course of developing NC3, we come to you guys for input. We're debating some things concerning the OLD user feedback vs. the new system. The new system will break the old user feedback table. Now, we are creating a new table for user feedback in our database, but the question is do we KEEP the old feedback (from NC2) and post it alongside the new, or just scrap it and start clean?

Vote here, we'll close the poll in about a week or less! Tell other NC visitors you see online to come vote as well.

Deathwing

Raucous Rodentia
Mar 15, 2000
Canada
If you will add them to the system, so it's as if they were posted with it, then keep them. If they are just going to be something stuffed down at the bottom, seperate from the new system, they're not worth it, because everybody would just vote again anyway.

Which way is it gonna be? :)

jreister

heretic
Jan 14, 2000
nirvana
Visit site
No seriously, why delete them. Nobody wants to check up all the old reviews and post new comments. It´s wasted energy. The old comments are quite interesting. But don´t mix user comments and reviews. Its quite interesting to see how they match together, also for the reviewer!

[IMD1]KillRoy

Suck my boomstick!
Keep them

Just keep them. As long as there is a date as when the reviews ar posted. Some of the maps that come out these days are far better then the maps released in the beginning of UT. Any map given a 9 point rating in the early days would get a 7 or 8 point rating nowadays, simply because our standards are higher...:)

[DecoY]

Phat out of hell
Nov 6, 2001
MIA: please find me
Originally posted by BangOut
I disagree... many maps that scored 9's in the early days of UT are more like 2-7 now.

That's just why you should keep them!!!
It just goes to show, if you make good maps, sooner or later they'll suck...
If you make kick-ass maps, they always stay in our minds...

By the way, I dl AS-SiegeSE the other day, what a load of BSP cuts that's got!!!!

Zimbo

Nov 7, 2000
Disagree guys. Don't want to start a "bunfight" on this but there were some good maps created in the earlier days, worth retaining the user feedbacks accordingly, even if indirectly linked to. Couple of "oldies but goldies" examples that spring to mind immediately upon reading the earlier posts are DM-Seraphim and DM-Essence. As good as if not better than anything I have seen yet. By the same token, there are a lot of great maps being made today. If you can, keep the reviews.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong

smeerkat

Hello, old friend...
Mar 10, 2001
Canada
www.kens.net
I agree with Hourences

You're dreaming if you think all those old users are going to re-post their comments on every map.

Originally posted by Hourences
dont delete them, i love to read those and its intersting to read, and like said, no one will make new comments on old maps

Claw

Weird little hermit on dried frog pills
Nov 3, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by Ún®èàÎ2~WårrïöR
Let ppl start a-new

What for? A community is a living thing; besides, Hour and smeerkat are right. Well, not exactly. If you delete the old comments, I'll have to go around making new ones :rolleyes:

Bonedog

Adept
Nov 3, 2001
Cathouse
webpages.charter.net
Start over...much of the replies are nothing but SPAM comments anyway. Definately keep the reviews and the average user feedback scores. As long as U have the reviews/scores for those older maps, what purpose will the old replies serve for anybody other than the maps author?(who should've read them already...)

TaoPaiPai

Commisaire Van Loc
Jun 13, 2000
Matnik
Visit site
Delete all the comments from mr 'SpamALot the L33t' (also known under various nicks 'nobody' ,'anybody' 'someoneelse' ,really noone).Keep all other comments because it's essential to have more than one point of view and people won't go and test older maps that sometimes disappeared from their HDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.