UE3 - UT3 Import Problem (with pics :D )

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

paulodonovan

Jan 22, 2008
Im am just testing importing models from 3DS max 2008 into unreal 3, i am following this tutorial form Horurences (brill btw):

http://www.hourences.com/book/tutorialsue3modeling1.htm

I think i have set up the stack inside max correctly and i have followed the export instrusctions to the letter. I keep getting the same error ASE import error: "Did you forget to include geometory AND materials in the import?" . The error and my stack in max are posted below, there is also a screen of the material editor.

Could somone check them and tell me if i am doing something wrong?

f_puzzlingprom_b225dcf.jpg

image update - rez was rubish

Last edited:

raziel31

Nov 25, 2003
South F.
Visit site
Check if the material is applied to your mesh (the small checker box must be enlighted in the material editor), check the map channel of your unwrap, of the texture...

In your example, from the message, its a texture coordinates problem.

Something is wrong, check :)

Last edited: