UE3 - UT3 Import of Shoulderpads problem.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DoctorWhoMod

May 20, 2009
Blackpool, England
Hi there.

First off let me say hello. My name is Dean and I have been working within the gaming industry on a professional level for over 20 years. working on titles such as Star Wars Battlefront wher eI was the Ead artist and also the F1 and Wipeout franchises to name but a few.

Anyway. I am currently lecturing at St Helens College in the UK and am learning Unreal 3 for our modules and am just going through the process of creating and importing a character into the game. Everythings going OK so far apart from the fact that the shoulder pads for the character I have created arnt showing up in the character creation set up.

I have checked the Custom character .ini files and everything seems to be typed in correctly but the pads jsut dont want to show up.

I was wondering if anyone here has experienced this and might have any hints or tips.

All the best.

Dean :D

DoctorWhoMod

May 20, 2009
Blackpool, England
Do you have some screencaps to show us what is going on? or maybe capture it on video to see what is happening ? Might just be bug on the code.

I will try and get some screencaps tomorrow as I am heading out in a moment. But yes I will get some screengrabs and maybe copy the code here too as I might have typed something in wrong.

Cheers for the input.

Dean :D

ephemeratics

May 19, 2009
www.celestemasinter.com
When I was attempting to import a custom character a few months ago, I also ran into the shoulder pads problem.

For me, at least, the issue had to do with naming conventions. Apparently the imported shoulderpad skeletal meshes have to be named with _LShoPad and _RShoPad subfixes. For instance, "YourCharacter_LShoPad"

These subfixes can be elaborated with numbers like _LShoPad01 and _RShoPad01.

However, in the UTCustomChar.ini, you refer to the shoulderpads only once:

Parts (Part=PART_ShoPad,ObjectName="Your_Package.Meshes.YourCharacter_XShoPad01",PartID="F",FamilyID="IRNF")

You refer to them with _XShoPad or _XShoPad01

Don't know if that's the issue or not. Best of luck!