Imagine this...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
The entire unreal world you explore in the retail game, but covered in snow. Winter on ehm.. :O) gryphon, napali, nali planet whatever you like to call it.
Imagine exiting the vortex rikers and seeing Nyleve covered in snow.
Snow flakes falling down, howling wind etc etc...
The Nali and their cattle (and rabbits) adapted to the ice age :O) plenty of iceskaarj, ice krall etc...

Spaceships like the ISV-Kran and Terraniux almost deserted, frozen architecture (example: the xidia map "genomewarriors) but still the occasional group of iceskaarj or icemercenary hanging around :O) heh...

Sometimes I try imaging what it would be like :OB

Hey, maybe someone can make a christmas sp mappack, where you have to save Santa Nali from the evil Iceskaarj :D

Lol, just kidding.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
;-) Sure why not.

Hey you know, that's pretty funny :lol: :O)
Not a bad idea really.

Quake had a partial conversion where you had to save santa claus from the evil eh.. shambler (something like that)
Quake goons stole christmas :D

3D FPS

tHe OnE
Oct 25, 2003
Under your nose
Visit site
You know, someone could truly fully redo the original unreal....if they wanted to with the unreal warfare engine....here are the three things you need: The Brains, Time, and Money. And more! ~

DarkEmperor

Buried By The Dead
Mar 22, 2002
Visit site
NeoNite said:
The entire unreal world you explore in the retail game, but covered in snow. Winter on ehm.. :O) gryphon, napali, nali planet whatever you like to call it.
Imagine exiting the vortex rikers and seeing Nyleve covered in snow.
Snow flakes falling down, howling wind etc etc...
The Nali and their cattle (and rabbits) adapted to the ice age :O) plenty of iceskaarj, ice krall etc...
Sometimes I try imaging what it would be like :OB

Hey, maybe someone can make a christmas sp mappack, where you have to save Santa Nali from the evil Iceskaarj :D

Lol, just kidding.

Hey that's easy! ;)

Shot.jpg
Shot2.jpg

:p

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
and footprints in the snow!!!!

do it in unreal2. If someone makes an unreal sequel in the new engine with stuff like this I would :fluffle: them forever!!

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I've converted Nyleve a couple of days ago, .. well.. it's really experimental :-/
you know. I just wanted to know what it would look like.
I've used textures from an UT level. (No way I'll EVER put this online, though the textures are free to use but still...)

Still needs a lot of work. (ligthing, colour of the water etc.,wall textures, maybe a different skybox (?).. I wish I could find some pine tree models somewhere)
And snow in Nyleve? THe level is pretty open isn't it?

Footprints are in :O)

Attachments

• Nylevelsnowy05.JPG
    Nylevelsnowy05.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 110
  • Nylevelsnowy11.JPG
    Nylevelsnowy11.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Nylevelsnowy03.JPG
    Nylevelsnowy03.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 97
  • Nylevelsnowy08.JPG
    Nylevelsnowy08.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 115

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Two more

Btw bluff eversmoking would probably look awesome covered in snow.

Attachments

• Nylevelsnowy04.JPG
    Nylevelsnowy04.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 94
  • Nylevelsnowy15.JPG
    Nylevelsnowy15.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 84

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
Interesting.

I think indoors, what's needed is probably more of a "frosty" masked texture that can be overlaid over a floor texture and a few hanging icicles. It'd make more sense than blanketing closed corridors with snow.