UE1 - UT im new here

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

zonova

Jul 28, 2009
I have just joined the forums so i have a few questions. Actually, im not sure if this is the right place to post them, so if it isnt then sorry. Here are the questions.

1. is unreal engine the engine that epic game's made?
2.is there a certian place where u would have to live to work for epic games?
3. what does it mean prefix when u make a topic on this site?
these are the questions i have currently. if u can answer them please do. thanx. :)

BobTheBeheader

Aug 31, 2005
Warshington State
I have just joined the forums so i have a few questions. Actually, im not sure if this is the right place to post them, so if it isnt then sorry. Here are the questions.

1. is unreal engine the engine that epic game's made?
2.is there a certian place where u would have to live to work for epic games?
3. what does it mean prefix when u make a topic on this site?
these are the questions i have currently. if u can answer them please do. thanx. :)
Hi!

Here's a few answers:

1. Yes, Unreal Engine is the software developed by Epic Games, which they use for all the games they make. They also sell licenses to many other game developers for the use of the Unreal Engine software.

2. Epic Games main office is in Cary, North Carolina, so I'd imagine that to do any major work for them, you'd probably want to move there. They also have offices in China and some other Asian country, I forget which.

3. The optional thread prefix makes an icon appear next to the name of the thread when you're looking at the threads list. Notice how on this page, for example, there are icons to the left of the thread names indicating which version of UT the thread is pertaining too. This very thread has the 'UE1|UT' icon. You would use this prefix when creating a thread where you want other forum users to know that your thread deals specifically with the first version of Unreal Engine or the first UT game.

I think that the thread prefixes only apply to the development sections of BU Forums.

Last edited: