I'm getting really badly bashed for my review of CTF-Aron....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Homeslice

A mapper not in the zone
Seems like everyone will agree with Deathbliss that the score should've been higher, because the mapper was Hourences. How dare he say I am drunk! That was uncalled for. I've taken heat as a reviewer many times, but not like that. I'm just fuming, pardon me, but I am just speaking my mind here. Need some advice.

Mr Chino

Jun 5, 2003
Visit site
Homeslice said:
Seems like everyone will agree with Deathbliss that the score should've been higher, because the mapper was Hourences. How dare he say I am drunk! That was uncalled for. I've taken heat as a reviewer many times, but not like that. I'm just fuming, pardon me, but I am just speaking my mind here. Need some advice.

I think it's a tough one, there are so many maps for UT now, that for a map to be scored highly it needs to PLAY better than all the maps that have been before it.

Theres no reason for people to be getting angry at you (although I don't think Deathbliss was attacking you).

At the end of the day, your just giving your opinion, if people don't like what score you gave it, so what. Stand by your guns man.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Review fixed, but I stand by the score! Sorry, this map could have been so much better. Also, as you can plainly see, Hourences has released a lot better stuff than this!

Gui

AD Cop
Feb 7, 2002
Mega-Tokyo
www.ozone4.com
I agree with Lop': this sort of thing happens all the time, you know... In fact you're rather lucky to get this only now due to the huge number of reviews you already posted :D

Keep up the good work, man :)

BobTheDog

Sarkazein
There are allways balances in the world...

Light and Dark, good and evil, Constructive Criticism and Flames.

If either side tips the scales too mcuh, Chaos will ensue. Only with the proper balance, can we ever hope to attain True Being.

That being said, your scales have apparently been tipped far too much on the side of Constructive Critticism, and see what happened when you got some healthy flaming? Utter Chaos (TM).

/This moment of complete esoteric nonsens has been brought to you in part by: BobTheDog Industries.

Basically, stick to your knowledge. If the map's not up to par, say so.

*hands Homeslice a Ring of +4 to Flame Protection*

Last edited:

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Although is way late to say, I must agree with all the guys here. If you're a reviewer it's logical that you will get flamed for something you say about a map sooner or later. If you had a period of reviews that nailed the thoughts of the general audience and then said something the audience doesn't like then you can get flamed. You just can't please everyone all the time. And your review was nothing less than true, Hourences has made far better maps than that, especially BR-FindtheGheyball, that map rocked! :rockon:

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Welcome to the wonderful world of map reviews.

It's just like a judge or referree in sports, you are going to get reamed sometimes when people don't like your decisions. Take your time, look at the map inside and out, make a good judgement with good reasons, and then stand behind it 100%. People will have their opinions, and they won't always be pretty, but you can let them roll off, knowing you made your best call on that map.