1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Illusion?

Discussion in 'Original Unreal Tournament' started by _Zd_Ringi_, Dec 28, 2001.

1. _Zd_Ringi_

_Zd_Ringi_ Rorschach alike

A few days ago I played DOM (what else?) on some server and some person commented the game. I thought it was the administrator. It was kind of funny.

Then we started playing Gearbolt and suddenly on bridge I was attacked by an invisible person, I mean "really" invisible with the pulsegun. Haven't seen a pulsegun on GB before. Whenthe next map came up (Cryptic) I had the F1 screen before me and there his name showed: Illusion, but when the match started his name disapeared. He was still firing away though.

What is this, was he playing as admin in godmode or was it a cheat or whatever?

2. DarkByte

DarkByte LLama Killer

Lame Commander cheat,

I posted a fix for that that doesnt involve new mods to be installed. Get the server owner to set his MaxCommanders values all to 0 in his server Ini file.

3. lunchblaze

lunchblaze Codlike

there is a pulsegun on GB.

from the lowest level, on the ramp up to the rl/redeemer level.

4. Silver_Dragon

Silver_Dragon Gone

Or was hs name written in white. If so he was an admin!

5. Techno JF

Techno JF He Who Has Powerful Words

Strange. I've seen the Commander class just under TournamentPlayer in the Actor Class list, but I never could figure out its purpose, or why Epic might have put such a thing in the game. What exactly is it meant for?

6. AMMAGETSVM

AMMAGETSVM wild

Hey Ringi, what server was that on? I gotta watch out for that!

I never thought about the pulse in GB before - I always x-loc out of the pit to save time...

7. DeaJae

DeaJae taking a month's break

someone commented earlier that it is a Easter Egg from Epic

8. Peregrine

Peregrine Death from above

I've seen that guy Ringi! Illusion. He was on a CTF server with me once, bragging that no one could see him. (Although he was more or less just showing us he could do it...he didn't really participate in the game. Of course, everyone left when he started talking about it.)

9. DarkByte

DarkByte LLama Killer

Get the server admins to change the following in their server ini file:

change all occurance of:
    MaxCommanders=2
    to
    MaxCommanders=0

that will solve the "illusion" :)