1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

If you're having problems loading INF 2.86 on a Mac...

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Alpha_9, Aug 28, 2001.

1. PorterINF

PorterINF New Member

No Gametype selection with Mac installer

Just downloaded the Mac Installer and used the 2.86 Mac Launcher according to instructions. I can't select Gametypes. All UT map files are showing in the list also. I've reinstalled several times and get the same problem.

[​IMG]

Sorry, image doesn't want to load yet, server problem.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2001
  2. Jackal<QSF>

Jackal<QSF> One of the last INF OG's!!!

what do you mean by Gametypes? ther is only one game type for INF right now

and all your maps will show UT and INF maps

3. Varmint01

Varmint01 New Member

Here's a new one for all ya..
    So I did a clean install of UT and updated it to 436, then ran the Inf mac installer. I followed all the instructions from the online manual, but whenever I launch the new Inf app, I get a generio UT splash screen for about a quarter of a second, then an error message saying "Could not find file for package WinDrv". Now I certainly hope that it's having some troubles finding the windows drivers, considering that it's a mac.. But what am I missing here? How do I convince it to use the MacDrv instead? I can run the regular UT app just fine, so it's nothing to do with a faulty intall there. I upped the RAM as well..
    Any help is appreciated...
    specs:
    G4 500
    320 RAM
    Voodoo 3 2000

4. Imaginethat

Imaginethat whats that smell?

gametypes

Jackal<QSF>,
    Porter means Gametypes as in being able to select CTF, Team DM, DM, and so on. Depending on how you install INF, this wont show up. I posted in the troubleshooting forum about this and how to fix it.

5. CSm

CSm New Member

I get the same windrv error. I used the mac installer, new launcher as weel as the launcher installed with the installer. Clean UT install with 436. Ut runs fine.
    g4 sawtooth 400
    256 Ram
    voodoo 5 5500 pci

6. Jackal<QSF>

it sounds to me like mac users need to have 2.85 on UT to run 2.86

windriv is a score code to run UT its not a driver

its in 2.85 i didnt see it in 2.86 but i could have over looked it

do a find for the file and make shure its in the right place

it will ether need to be in the UT system folder or the INF system folder

7. CSm

CSm New Member

Ive tried 2.86 on a clean install as well as over 2.85.5, same windrv error. I search for windrv and came up empty, there is no individual file with that name under 285 or 286, so it must be in a package or something. I figure there must be something in the mac install pointing at the wrong file. But I dont know much about anything so who knows.

8. Ace[INF]

Ace[INF] Living it up.

CSm: that's the result of using the PC version of the Infiltration.ini file. Use the one that comes with the 2.86 Mac launcher, put it in your UT folder, and you'll be set. If you can't get your hands on a copy, e-mail me and I'll send you a copy.

Btw, 2.86 does not require 2.85.

9. CSm

CSm New Member

Im using the files from the mac launcher. no dice.

10. Ace[INF]

Ace[INF] Living it up.

[​IMG]

A copy of Infiltration.ini is attached.

11. Solitare

Solitare New Member

Mac launcher continued

Well Ive been playing around w/ the INF install and It seems that the "Unreal Tournement cannot be launched because it is not an application" is caused by a Launcher problem not a botched install (This is pretty obvious if you have the problem but its nice to be able to check it off the list of possible problems).

Thinking that this might be caused by an extention conflict, I restarted w/o extentions on. Then when I ran the launcher, it paused for a second before beeping and returning control to the finder (ie. it looks like it began the very first stages of opening UT). If in this case the launcher actually did begin to load UT, my further tests have been unable to show which extention/s was/were causing the problem.

If anyone has any more ideas I would love to hear them. Im beginning to experience the first stages of INF withdrawl, so please help =P

12. Jackal<QSF>

lol
    nice ilistration ace

13. CSm

CSm New Member

thanks for the help ace, but still the same error. same file. Im going to try the manual install and see if that works.

14. CSm

CSm New Member

Ok, i did another clean install of ut 436, then I did the manual install and then used the mac launcher linked on the site, the same one I was using before andf It works now. There must be something wrong with the mac installer, so if anyone else has windrv problems isuggest trying the manual install.
    thanks for your help.

15. Solitare

Solitare New Member

More Launcher

I borrowed my roommates G3/400 and was able to run and install INF w/ no errors the first time. I thought maybe copying the entire UT folder back to my G4 might fix the problem, but still no luck. Am I the only one out there that is still having problems w/ the 'Unreal Tournement cannot be launched because it is not an application?' error?

16. Varmint01

Varmint01 New Member

I'm still having the WinDrv problem.. I tried the manual install as per CSm's suggestion, but still no dice. All of this is through clean installs of UT 436. I've tried every Infiltration.ini file that is available (the one straight from the mac installer, the one from the mac launcher package, and the one posted here by Ace) and it still insists on trying to use the WinDrv instead the MacDrv. If I ever find a physical manifestation of WinDrv, I'm going to stab it with a bloody kitchen knife..
    Here's my root UT folder. Am I really st00pid and missing something blitheringly obvious?

17. Jackal<QSF>

man you are a fool

windve is not a DRIVER!!!!

its a sorce code for UT!!! so there cant be a mac drv

18. Eid

Eid Just a guy

If you copy your infiltration.ini to the System, it will replace an old version which most likely contains the windrv problem

Eid

19. PorterINF

PorterINF New Member

Varmint01, I noticed you have the Mac Infiltration Launchers folder in your UT folder. Could that be confusing the Launcher?

20. Jackal<QSF>

no it wouldint beacuse it is not looking for the files in that folder

just beacuse its in the UT folder doesint mean UT is gona run it