1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

If you thought bottled WATER was stupid...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by togmkn, May 18, 2006.

1. togmkn

togmkn tog-em-kay-en

http://www.rapidnewswire.com/5146-cannedoxygen-0245.htm

Other factors...like being under water? And the worst part is, I bet it'll sell like mad...

2. namu

namu Bleh.

Breathing pure oxygen is very hazardous, if not damn straight lethal. 95% oxygen in these cans ? Let's just wait for the first cases of hyperoxy.

3. Mister_Prophet

Mister_Prophet .

Welcome to the 1990s.

Seriously, very old hat. I remember hearing about this in grade school.

Spaceballs anyone?

4. Enfyrneaux

Enfyrneaux New Member

Come to think of it, I do remember oxygen bars.

Everything old is new again :p

5. Jackal

Jackal Crapass

I just saw this on the news (Daily show?). I can understand it for China thou. They all wear those masks so they can look like Michael Jackson.

Just another buck in 711's pocket. I should try to sell life.

THAT'S MY IDEA! Stay away from my life! patent pending.

6. Thrash123

Thrash123 Obey Leash Laws

I personally don't have a problem with bottled water - mainly because I live in a place where the water tastes like crap, even when filtered.

Bottled water is especially important in places where the water ends up shooting out of your anus, maybe even looking cleaner than when you drank it. :p

7. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

Like if you go to a metropolis and you see people walking in the street with those things LOL!

8. neilthecellist

neilthecellist Renegade.

Bad advertising. I remember seeing water bottles one time that said, "NO CHLORINE! NO FLOURINE! NO SODIUM! NO MTBE!"

Well, no ****, MTBE is a nonpolar solvated organic compound. Since water is polar, it wouldn't become an aqueous solution once both in place. In English, gasoline doesn't mix with water and you would see it, because they're not the same kind of substances. Solids would be visible.

And flourine's good... Most water supplies don't have it, but I remember back when I lived in Lexington, Massachusetts, the town had a flourine'ed water supply... Kept all of our teeth clean sort of.

9. Mister_Prophet

Mister_Prophet .

I think what really sucks about Bottled water is that some places really charge rape prices for one. Take for instance my part time job at a movie theater (whose company brand will remain nameless) where a bottle of water can cost you nearly 4 bucks. Four bucks? The most abundant resource on our planet and four bucks? That may not seem like much on it's own, but two 10 dollar tickets for you and your date to see some stupid movie she wants to watch, plus a equally priced popcorn and bag of reces bites...well that's like around 30 bucks right there. AND they still make you watch 15 minutes of Ads and commercials before the previews start. And....

...and what the hell were we talking about?

10. Jackal

Jackal Crapass

well, we were talking about canned air, then you guys went to water.

11. Enfyrneaux

Enfyrneaux New Member

Agreed. The city mains at my apartment are nasty.

12. neilthecellist

neilthecellist Renegade.

My apologies. I was attempting to draw the reference to false advertising by using an example water-bottle company around my area that uses the worst advertising techniques an intellectual has to bear with in life.

13. daloonie

daloonie sex boobs nude

Canned "fresh air" I would see fit for very polluted area's but this? 95% Oxygen that'll get you high? I see no fitting places for these.

14. pwnghetti & leetballs

pwnghetti & leetballs Barnacle Blitzkrieg!

Does it really get you high?

15. DeeperShade

DeeperShade Banned

Well, the OP started that off with the title of this thread. So it's not exactly Off Topic.

16. GotBeer?

GotBeer? The nozzle is now calibrating

Not so much 'high' as a little boost. A bottle of oxygen would be great for a hangover. I've done that at work at the hospital and at my In-laws when my Father-in-law was on oxygen 24/7. Yes, I kicked his ass and took his O2!

17. Rambowjo

Rambowjo Das Protoss

The point is to make the percentage of oxygene in an office room higher. As far as I know, is the percentage of Co2 a bit higher than normal rooms, due to bad air-circulation. The level of Co2 in office rooms is ofcourse not deadly, not even close to that. Actually, I don't think the extra oxygene helps that much, but those people who doesn't know much about this stuff, will believe that the extra O will help. And that will increase the moral/feeling. The product is based on the mental part, not the physical one.

That's what I think of it. But it's still stupid.

18. namu

namu Bleh.

CO2 burns like hell :eek:

19. Kaligraphic

Kaligraphic Charles leChaud is my hero

Have you actually burned hell?

20. CyberSirius

CyberSirius Mostly dead.

Canned Oxygen? Where's the Canned Hydrogen and the Canned H²O Maker? ;)

Last edited: May 19, 2006