Ideas how to make INF more entertaining!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
No.

If a spawncamper can't stay hidden for all three seconds to make his kill he deserves to get shot by 5 invincible players. :D

ZIRB

Inhuman
Feb 24, 2001
Sweden
www.zirbaction.go.to
Invisable players could respawn as nearly 5 spawncampers in the middle of some maps (beyound ground level or inside crates using ONE life!) in about FOUR seconds each if they carry laser guided mines the first round... Or something... ;)

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
Originally posted by FiringAimlessly
The possibility of spawn-camping would encourage teamwork. :D
i don't think so.
Played Day of Defeat? The number of spawn campers online are massive. There'll be at least one spawn campers every 10 minutes throughout the game. And there's no spawn protect, which is a shame. Played rtcw? spawn campers on from the axis can camp on the allies sniper hill and just happily pick on the other players once their 3 second spawn protect is over. Spawn camping really breaks up a team into smaller groups more than encouraging teamwork.
From my experience, spawning did more bad than good. But it'll work if the map is carefully planned(VERY), which is rather difficult to do even for most of the professional mappers out there.

Shrap

Beaver
Oct 29, 2000
well maybe we should do a system like in the I-dont-remember-what-name mod where defender have time to set up canon and then after maybe 3-4 minutes the other team arrive...

It could be a new gametype ...

In the 3-4-5 minutes, the defensive team would place mines and take cover while the other team decide who will be doing what, where they will go and set up a general strategy ...it would help to do a more organized assault ...

ZIRB

Inhuman
Feb 24, 2001
Sweden
www.zirbaction.go.to
Defence Alliance

A_Rimmerlister: That would be Defence Alliance ...
Hmm... I checked the DA-site and I must say the game idea they have seem to have potential to be really fun, both action and strategy! I will definitely give it a try even if the maps visible on the site seems to have really primitive aesthetics... But I doubt they will come even close to all those qualities in other aspects that make INF-unique.

But I think the INF-team should take a serious thougt of a gametype close to that!

Last edited:

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
They 'lack' in detail probably because they're still in beta ;)
The fact that they need to have a large amount of enemies on those maps probably is responsible for that part too.
Thinking of DA I see scenes like that scene in 'starship troopers' where the squad needs to defend a small base from a huge amount of bugs ...

An Inf-gametype would be the reverse situation :
a small squad trying to attack a large enemy force ...
(but that's probably out of reach right now ;))

eon5

Oct 19, 2001
Argentina
www.eternaut.com.ar
agree !

ARMOR VESTS, yes !! and locational damage !!

Adding the necessity of to make shots with locational damage is very strategic time-decision.

Remember SForce ? leg damage reduces speed greatly, arm damage reduces accuracy, chest damage causes heavy bleeding.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
// eon5 :
Bodyarmor is planned already (the team mentioned 3 'types' a while ago, there was a site where they had the planned types listed too) ...