1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ideas for Posting

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament' started by Sir_Brizz, May 12, 2014.

1. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Please keep conversation sane and rational. Personal attacks, as usual, will not be tolerated. As Epic will be reading ideas from this forum, please make sure to keep your thread titles concise and clear, and perhaps relevant to the discussion you want to have.

Also, several of us have UE4 subs and there is no NDA or anything else on it. If you would like to know how something looks or works, let us know and I'm sure someone can explain it to you or post a screenshot or video for you.

Finally, adding graphs/pictures/etc to your ideas is helpful so people have an idea what you are talking about. Consider posting them.

Have fun! :)

2. -AEnubis-

-AEnubis- fps greater than star

:tup:

BU was always better for more civilized discussion.

...and actual discussion. Not "say my piece and ignore the other posts" type stuff.

3. Raynor.Z

Raynor.Z Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus

Not too crowded here and also more mature audience.

4. Hunter

Hunter BeyondUnreal Newsie

so true, the UE forums are a mess of shouting between UT and UT2004 players its horrid

5. AlteredForms

AlteredForms Registered User

I can see how other UT forums might not have lasted as long as this one. Having a small yet steady base of users doesn't put too much strain on the site and allows for communication and correspondence.

6. ambershee

ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks

My favourite thread right now is the Sniper versus Lightning Gun thread. It's a complete joke. People don't seem to get that the two are theoretically functionally almost identical.

The UT99 crowd are screaming hard for the Sniper Rifle just because UT99.

I'm a proponent of the LG, personally. It had more style - but that's all it is really xD

7. klasnic

klasnic ra ra rat Putin!

Thanks for the new section guys. It'll be so helpful to have everything in one place :)

And yes, BU community rocks!

8. Hunter

Hunter BeyondUnreal Newsie

Between UT2004 and UT3 I'd say the LG and Sniper are the same now the Sniper has a trace on it. I swear some of them over there forget UT3 made changes to weapons to balance them out a bit.

9. Sir_Brizz

I love the Lightning Gun. It is one of the best things to come from the 2kX series. There was nothing quite as satisfying as the crack followed by HEADSHOT!

10. klasnic

klasnic ra ra rat Putin!

Dittoed, and extra crispy to boot :D

11. Rohit

Rohit New Member

Prefer the classic sniper rifle. My (minor) issue with the lightning gun - you can't fully appreciate your headshots.

12. Princess_Die

Princess_Die Always Out Numbered... Never Out Gunned

Didn't the LG have splash damage? Or was that a mutator? I thought you could actually get a double headshot with the forking bolt. If I am imagining that it would be a cool addition to the new UT.

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  13. Balton

Balton The Beast of Worship

I always felt that the LG was ripped off from quake3A so I never saw it as very original.

14. klasnic

klasnic ra ra rat Putin!

Ok, so let's put the lg vs sniper (or both) in a new "weapons (or similar)" thread and not clutter this one plz :eek: *insert brackets*

15. rejecht

rejecht Attention Micronians

The splash damage is the standard behavior and it's an awesome part of the UT2004 LG! Sometimes you get a multi-kill.

LG Head Shots: Hard to read the code in detail right now, but for player characters you only get the one head shot, which is the first/primary lightning charge. For vehicles it repeatedly checks for head shot hits, so maybe it would be possible in a multi-seat vehicle?

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  16. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

Beyond Unreal is the true and only Unreal/UT forum. Everything else, official or not, crumbled in the face of time, BU stands firm.

17. Sir_Brizz

It was possible, but the forked bolts did quite a bit less damage so the person had to be injured for it to happen.

18. leilei

leilei ANIME ELF'S !!

I related it more with the Tesla Cannon turrets from Red Alert more than anything Quake given the one-shot functionality vs. the constant short-range stream.

19. Wail of Suicide

Wail of Suicide Member

I never liked the aesthetics of the Lightning Gun, but conceptually I'm fine with it. Functionality wise it's fine. I just feel like a more traditional Sniper Rifle fits more with my conception of UT. Maybe with some minor futuristic twist to explain why it has a tracer.

20. -AEnubis-

-AEnubis- fps greater than star

If they do a bullet sniper, I just want it to be projectile.

So tired of hitscan in any game, at all... ever.