1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Idea for Realer environment FX

Discussion in 'Level Editing - Advanced' started by [CD]Icedude, Dec 13, 2001.

1. [CD]Icedude

[CD]Icedude Hurf da Durf

Under effects, theres a dripgenerator, maybe if you placed enough of those in an outdoor area, it would be like rain?

you might be able to do the same with sparkgenerator, but i havent tried that yet

if you know any other effects or decorations that can be used for environment fx, pleez let me know!

2. Chrysaor

Chrysaor Lord of the Pants

Varpu posted something about Drip generators slowing down the game, he said u needed like 30 of them, but for rain u'd need a lot more.

3. Varpu

Varpu Novice Nali City Reviewer

Yep.
    Each drip is an actor that is spawned and that is negotiated with clients and the server to keep drops dripping in all clients at the same rate =O)
    Well, I suppose that was not the original idea but spawning is one of the most net involved tasks in Unreal. A lot better idea would be to use special rain generators... I believe someone has made these creatures. They don't use spawning like drip generator but sprites that are not involved with server.
    Putting 30 drip generators in a map not only kills the net but will slow down local play as well.
    The eDome server banner system will disable the drip generators from server side so they don't make that much net traffic. I put it there because so many othervice good maps seem to use them.